whiteknight

What ports for Network Viewer

Hi all

Can anyone help set up a dvr for viewing on a pc with a program called Network viewer, The software is for the 15-VT-04-CDRW from Cop security http://www.cop-eu.com/sections/support/search/index.php?search=15-vt04-cdrw

After connected the dvr via the LAN ethernet patch cable to a D-Link DIR615 router I loaded the Network Viewer Program but i do not know what I have to enter in the AV and Command Port boxes. The ip address i entered into the viewer was one set up from the dvr network settings screen (with dvr connected direct to a seperate monitor) it checked out ok with the >> Run >> cmd >> ping (ip address).

I am using windows xp

Any help would be much appreciated. The manual i recieved when i bought the dvr off ebay does not give any information on the Ports, for the pc viewer.

Regards

Steve

Hi, thanks for the information on the ports for the dvr, I now dont get a error message about them, and the dvr shows it is connected to the pc software, unfortuneatley there is no display on the pc, although the dvr is putting out pictures to a seperate monitor.

The Pc is able to send info to the DVR, as i updated the software on the dvr from the pc

Could it be i need to install a video codex, i see from the Network Viewer there are several video codex to use? there is no help file withe the player.

Regards

I assume you get the basic Network Viewer screen on your PC but no live images. Is the Green "Connect" light (middle bottom) green? Can you play back recorded images ok?

Supposedly, everything you need to view DVR data loads from the Netviewer CD you installed on your PC. Is the PC on the LAN or are you trying to view over the internet? If over the internet, you may have to load their remoteviewer program on your PC.

Hi again, thanks for replying

I have the Basic network screen, showing on my pc monitor,yes.

The Green connect light on the bottom of the viewer is lit.

There are no live image or recorded images on the PC, the Viewer shows a blank camera window.

The Seperate monitor connected to the bnc monitor output of the DVR, Shows a pc monitor symbol (top right) when the lan connection is made to the pc via a d-Link DIR615 router and the Network viewer on with the green light (connect) showing on the software.

I bought the dvr off ebay with no software.

The network viewer was downloaded off the Cop security website.

I did not see the remote viewer for viewing from the internet available for downloading on the web site.

Regards

Hi again, thanks for all your help.

The Local Network Viewer is now showing video from the dvr on the pc

I did have the ports forwarded in the d-link setup but not sure what the problem was, once i saved all my settings again and chose the right Video codex i could view and record the dvr camera's on the pc.

I now have to find out how i can view my dvr from the internet so i can access my security cams from a remote location

Regards

The major consideration for viewing remotely will be whether you have a static IP address or dynamic from your ISP. If it's static, life is good. All you have to do is type in the static IP into your netviewer and you should have access to your cameras remotely.

If it's dynamic, you'll need some type of updating client running. There may be a built-in one on your DVR in the Networking section. As you know, the documentation on this unit is weak.

Hi,

My Ip address is dynamic so I set up an account with DynDNS which I believe is supposed to overcome a changing i p address when trying to view remotely the dvr on the internet.

I still havent worked out how to continue.

After looking at the dvr again and doing a software update, i found additional settings and info.

The port i was not sure of when i first asked for help is in the menu under USER setup (05000)

along with the following settings, which i am not sure of

Under the DDNS setup menu are:

1. Type Domain Static

2. DNS IP Address168.126.063.001

3. Server Name Videonetserver.com (typing this takes me to a viewer for the Triplex dvr)

The password and the ID which is stored on the dvr though will not open the viewer these are the same as for the LAN viewer which works ok.

4: DDNS Host Port 03030

5: Host name (this is a seris of numbers and numerals and letters)

when the first option (1) Type is selected the menu switches to a futher menu this time with four setings

1. Type IP address

2.Server IP Address 222.231.001.156

3 and 4 are the same as previous menu, DDNS PORT and HOST NAME

If you can help futher it would be appreciated, i have read and viewed to many articles and i am still in a mess as to how to get the remote INternet viewer working.

Regards

Question. Is there another computer with the DVR plugged into the dlink router on this network? If so, this cuts your setup and aggravation time in half. Just download the updater program from DYNDNS onto this computer and run the updater as a service. This will update your IP for all devices on the LAN. Since you've already forwarded all the ports in your router, it should be accessable from the Internet by typing in you Dyndns name.

Had some bad experiences with some standalone DVR's implementation of DynDNS updater where they where shutdown for abuse.

Hi, the DVR is the only thing on the network, in fact the d-link was only bought so i could connect the DVR to a PC via the ethernet connections. Before I bought the D-link i was using an ADSL broadband modem, now the pc ethernet cable goes via the Router to the Modem.

Regards

The easiest thing to do instead of trying to configure the DVR's DNS settings without any documentation is to just configure your Dlink router.

Log into your router and select Tools. On the left you should see Dynamic DNS. Select that, check Enable Dynamic DNS and enter your DynDNS information You should see a "Connected" message at the bottom indicating it is updating your IP.

If your ports are forwarded properly thru the router to the DVR, you should be able to access it thru the internet by typing in your Dyndns name.

Dlink also offers their own free DNS service called dlinkddns which you can register with if your router has problems with DynDns.