andyr

Swapping Kalatel Safestore pro CD-RW with DVD+R

nah, none of them will have it until around august. But should have a 4,8,and 16 channel this month from a different brand, with:

MJPEG, CDRW, VGA, 120fps.

I forgot, that other one has VGA also.

The reason I want to sell the other 4 channel is because of the MPEG4, USB and 4 channel Audio.

Rory

I see the StoreSafe (all of GE?) is Wavelet. Is this a plus or is MPEG4 better?

Wavelet is high quality, but slower than MPEG4 for remote video, and are larger images. Apparently GE is updating their DVRs to Mpeg4, not sure when that will take place, just heard it through the grape vine, on this forum actually.

If your main interest is remote video, ill tell you MPEG4 is great.

The Iview card by me, Im recording in Wavelet actually, 640x480, as it is best quality, though less compression, but I can still connect in MPEG4 and so its basically real time. Stand alones dont give that option unfortnately, where you can record in one compression, but connect in a different one. I think MJPEG is somewhere in between the 2, i tried the DVR to record with MJPEG but didnt see much difference from Wavelet in quality. alot of the stand alones also use MJPEG instead of wavelet.

Thats why Im selling this 4 ch Mpeg4 DVR, for all the features it has, its nice. No, its not GE, but still, for the price its loaded with features for a stand alone.

By the way, Hunt and Webgate also use Wavelet, so do alot of others. MJPEG seems to be the most common though, in stand alones.

Rory

Edited by Guest

Yes, I noticed on the recent StoreSafe demo I was having a bit of trouble getting used to the remote playback, disk analysis screen. Thanks for setting that up to check out.

Even though I am no fan of our GEO setup at work, Remote Playback is very nice and easy to scroll back and forth using the slider. It makes finding things much easier.

The Remote Playback on the GE software is actually pretty easy once you know how, though I know what you mean about the slider at the bottom, etc. Personally I prefer a time date search so thats all i put in my version of the GE Network software at the time ..

Actually, with WaveReader, once you are in Playback, there is a slider on the left which you can drag, and the other scroller is to speed or slow the speed. Disk Analysys is mainly used to download recorded video clips. You can also do a Search for time date, though that part is not as accessible as it is on my software.

When using Disk Analysis, use the mouse to right click to Zoom in on video, or drag your mouse to select a time from to time end, to download to your PC. Or you can just click play. Once y ou are zoomed in more, it will show motion detection, alarms, etc. They certainly could make it alot easier for sure, I dont like the xtra pop up window. I tried to mimic a better version of that in my software but time got the best of me ... maybe another time I will go back into that code ..

Rory