Todd

H55 and P55 chipsets

I have recently built 4 systems with both the H55 and P55 chipset and Gigabyte motherboards, I5-530 cpu's.

All Live video looks and works great. However, when using Viewlog, the playback will stutter and even stop for 1-15 seconds and then resume. The files are written to the hard drive this way. If you play them with windows media player, the same thing happens at the exact same places.

We have tried 2 different boards, different hard drives, memory, video card/onboard video, Window reloads, 8.3.3 software, 8.3.2 software and even took a known working card out and put it in and still had the same results.

Scuttlebut says there might be a PCIe frequency issue. We played with that to no avail so far.

If anyone has a working p55 board, please let me know. Otherwise, it might be best to stay away from these until they find a bios fix or whatever it takes.

I just finished building a computer with the H55 chipset with Win 7 Pro 32 bit. I cannot get the video to work at all with Multiview. It worked for around 10 seconds than went to Video Lost. I tested each cable and camera with a portable viewer and everything is fine. GV emailed and told me to uninstall and reinstall everything with directions. This for sure did not work. I even disabled the watch dog in hopes it was that on the GV card. As far as 8.3.3 supporting Win 7, it sure doesnt. Good thing I still have the old computer as the card is going back in it with good olde Win XP Pro. My MOBO even allows me to adjust power voltage settings for cards and processor if needed.

I read in another post about disabling hyper threading and they had 8.3.3 video work using i series processors. The other area is GV site documentation is ancient, specially trouble shooting. The GV card log files do not really reflect sufficient data to troubleshoot, ie, error, video Lost. I can see that just by looking at the screen. From what I have read their FAQ are around 3 or 4 years old. One would figure as long as GV has been in business kinks in the video lost area would be resolved by now on the cards.

The more I look into this the more I am beginning to think it is the Intel chipset and maybe not the GV card because it worked at initial install than went kaput. Since i do not have a way to actually benchtest the chipset. My board supports PCI-E video card but I am not sure what the GV 1480 supports any more because the GV site is out of date on video cards. I do not want to buy a video card that will be considered out dated in 3 or 6 months.

Hi To Get GV800V4 Working on the H55 and P55 motherboards you have to disable all options in the "power" section on the bios, leave hyperthreading on, after doing this the gv800 will work again and you can choose 720 resolution as well. pass the voice!

tested on

intel board

h55

p55

core i5 processor

?=)