NJD

WDR IP camera recomendations needed

I am looking for recomendations on an IP (non-megapixel OK) Wide Dynamic Range camera. Camera in an outdoor rated dome would be very nice too (location is indoors but un-heated, dusty and subject to occasional wash-down).

Any input on the gear below or other cameras?

Panasonic WV-NW484S

VIVOTEK FD7141

Thanks !

I can't say specifically for the NW484S, as I've not used the network model, but if it's the same guts as its analog brethren, then it's a kick-ass camera for any sort of dynamic lighting conditions.

I can't say specifically for the NW484S, as I've not used the network model, but if it's the same guts as its analog brethren, then it's a kick-ass camera for any sort of dynamic lighting conditions.

I've used a lot of the NW-484S cams, and they are indeed a very good cam. Along with the very good WDR capability, they have a internal dehumidification system, and a pretty foolproof mounting system that keeps you from piping conduit water directly into the cam (I've seen a lot of Pelco and others domes turned into fishbowls by that).

If you want to move up to megapixel, the 502 dome would be a great choice. It needs a little more light, but the images are outstanding (the cam is up to 3 megapixel, but only has WDR and H.264 compression at 1.3 megapixel).

Not the cheapest, but you really do get an outstanding camera for your money.