ActiveX installation is headache. I dislike it.

Now, I am making installation package for Netvison DVR, GeoVision DVR, Speco Technology and UNIX DVR.

I grabed all cabinet files from each DVR, and open .inf file to see all DLL, ocx files. i.e Netvision DVR has DVRClient.ocx and many DLL files. for Netvison DVR, only DVRClient.ocx needs to be registered (regsvr32 DVRClient.ocx) and rest of DLL files need to be system32 folder (of course, DVRClient.ocx file is in the system32 folder)

I tried to make all installation package. Now I have one problem (maybe not a problem)

Once, I installed ocx file (regsvr32.exe) and copy & paste all DLL files in to system32.

I don't get any message that "Publisher can't be verified, IE blocked...."

However, now I got weried message from DVRs that "Install ActiveX xxx.ocx file" (Before I install my installation package, I got a message about xxx.cab file, but I got xxx.ocx file even if this ocx file registered successfully)

As I know, ocx file is correctly installed through (regsvr32 xxx.ocx) but why still IE ask me to download ocx file from DVR again even if I registred and copy to system32 folder.

any idea?

Is it because of IE?

I am using IE8.

FYI, I tried also "trusted zone, level low, allow unsigned activex control download, etc" but still i need to download ocx file from DVR after installation.