I have a checkpoint 79348 ptz it has one serial (rs232?) port only. I want to hook this up, I also lack a controller. Does anybody know the wiring diagram for this camera or a way to determine it? I figure I would probably need a balun, but if I could get around it somehow has I don't have any local suppliers and would rather not do an internet purchase for one. I was hopeing I could do a serial to cat5 adapter and then figure out what pairs of the utp were video, which were power (12vdc), and which were control. My checkpoint muliplexer does not currently work, so I'll probably have to pass control off to the pc with some serial utp adapter also (plus software), and video to bnc on an old switch box. Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated.

Does the camera have a standard BNC video out? If so, just use that for video over coax... the old fashioned way

What type of connector is the serial port? If it's a DB9, try just using pin 5 (ground) and pin 2 (receive) for serial data... connect those directly to a serial port on the PC using pin 5 (ground) and pin 3 (transmit): pin 5 to pin 5; pin 3 on the PC to pin 2 on the camera. You can use Cat5 for this, or Cat3, or 18/2, or station-Z, or just about any other kind of wire you want.

It doesn't have a bnc video, just the d9 port. It also does not have a # 2 pin. Its wires are as follows. 1 Red, 3 Yellow which loops into 5 (pin 5 has two yellow wires one looped to 3, and one to the camera), 4 orange, 5 yellow (as previously mentioned), 6 Brown, 7 Black, 8 Green looped to 9 (like 5, 8 has a green wire looped to 9), 9 has two green wires one looped to 8 and one to the cam.

What are the dangers i face by experimenting with wire combinations to determine video and power with 12vdc?

Any ideas on why they wouldn't use a #2 pin out, and as to what the pins that are looped together are for?

Checkpoint seems to use a lot of odd stuff, and sadly not enough installers seem to be familiar with their equiptment.

Any ideas on why they wouldn't use a #2 pin out, and as to what the pins that are looped together are for?

Checkpoint seems to use a lot of odd stuff, and sadly not enough installers seem to be familiar with their equiptment.

Hi lous. is it pos you could post pictures. as checkpoint dont make cameras. just stick there name on.

I will take some today and post tonight or tomorrow. What lind of pictures would be useful?

I will take some today and post tonight or tomorrow. What lind of pictures would be useful?

Hi lous. a pic of the camera and a pic of the cables would be good.

A couple overviews of the whole camera, and a few of the inside, may help someone determine what make/model the camera actually is.

If you can, look around for a label (probably silk-screened on a circuit board) with an "FCC ID" marking, followed by a number. If the camera was sold in the US, it should have one of these. That number can be looked up at www.fcc.gov and will give you at least a manufacturer.

If I could atleast sort out power I could probably muddle through the rest saftely, or if there was an connector or connctor(s) that I could make or buy inexpensively at this point I may just go out of my own pocket for them.

Does anyone by chance have any contacts for checkpoint systems that may have a clue?

I came accross a user manual, sadly it does not give much technical information. Its from their clarity concept setup, a drop ceiling dome. The manual mentions use with a power/data server, and does go through the menus for the camera. I'd really like to steer around the power/data server if possible.