atozdesigns

DVR Video is choppy over internet

Well this is my issue I have a customer where I just installed a Speco DVR8TL160 and 8 cameras. They are complaining that the video and audio feed from their retail floor is choppy. I had them contact Att and get the fastest upload availible. I logged into their system and experiance the same issues. Choppy video on the 9 block view and much better on the fullscreen view. It seems to be bandwith related however it should have been resolved. They have a 32 camera install pending at another store, awaiting this one be up to snuff. Is there a different DVR i should use to get better live viewing? Thanks for the help.

Zack

Hello Zack,

Choppy video over the internet via DVR is a common issue not ever DVR is good with network transmission and specially with MJPEG and even with some H.264, Internet bandwidth does play a major roll though on both sides at the DVR location and at remote view location.

We have tried many H.264 DVR and the only one so far I have liked is CNB DVR great performance over the internet also gives you full control to setup DVR over under internet explorer

http://cnbusa.com/en/html/product/product_list.php?maxx=5