mksalvage

DVR advice needed

Hi, its the first time ive ever posted anything on a forum so i hope ive done this right!

I'm currently using a dvr card in a old pc, i dont know the make of the card, a friend bought a good few years ago and it came with pico 2000 1.8.0, it works but since being given it and setting up a few cameras, its become a bit of a obsession! and i want to improve on the image quality, and have remote access with a pc and an iphone, email alerts, upto 8ch

Ive spent a coupe of weeks now reading around this forum and the net looking at different standalone dvrs and pc dvr cards,

The few dvrs ive been looking at

ebay Item number: 170435096319

ebay Item number: 370354287448

and a DVRXL88TX from cctvtraders

Also some of the dvr's say they have a built in web server, what are the advantages? is this something i should be looking for?

OR Should i stay with a pc base system,

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Hi, its the first time ive ever posted anything on a forum so i hope ive done this right!

I'm currently using a dvr card in a old pc, i dont know the make of the card, a friend bought a good few years ago and it came with pico 2000 1.8.0, it works but since being given it and setting up a few cameras, its become a bit of a obsession! and i want to improve on the image quality, and have remote access with a pc and an iphone, email alerts, upto 8ch

Ive spent a coupe of weeks now reading around this forum and the net looking at different standalone dvrs and pc dvr cards,

The few dvrs ive been looking at

ebay Item number: 170435096319

ebay Item number: 370354287448

and a DVRXL88TX from cctvtraders

Also some of the dvr's say they have a built in web server, what are the advantages? is this something i should be looking for?

OR Should i stay with a pc base system,

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Hi mike. it depends on your budget. and what you are going to be protecting. the systems you have listed are low fps dvrs and you would be better sticking with your system.

i've got four cameras outside, covering the doors and parking spaces outside our workshop, we caught people breaking into the cars outside before, but not known intill the morning, it would be good to have an email alert or something as i only live 1 minute away,

looking at spending £300-450,