Adam Daley

GeoVision Web Server - No Card?

Is it possible to run some type of GeoVision server without a card??? Heres what im trying to do..

I have a client with about 20+ locations. Right now we have them login to the main DVR and from there it picks up auth server and eMap and they can look at maps and connect to the other systems... but what happens is when we take this system down for maintenance, nobody can log into the other locations.

So i was hoping theres some software that lets me run a server so i can have the clients connect to this non-geovision card system which then looks at the other dvr's. This way im not relying on one dvr always being up for them to look at the others.

Are you talking about a CenterView computer? If so, you can configure each DVR to go to an alternate CV2 server if it can't talk to the main.

Not exactly...

I want visitors to be able to log into a web interface and then be able to see the different DVR systems.

Right now they log into the main DVR system to get to the web interface, then when that loads they can change servers within webcam/etc..

But if that DVR is off, they can't login to the others (they don't know the IP addresses of the others, they rely on logging into the first one to get to webcam).

So i was hoping i could run some kind of web server (that has no DVR card) which will look like the geovision interface and all that jaz.

The only option I can see is using DMMultiview with all your hosts configured in. That way they can choose to look at one or all of the remote DVR's

We do that. But we want people to be able to just go into the web interface to do what they want.This way we don't have to hold their hand to install activex programs/etc...we send them a few tiles for the Windows directory which contains the address books, thats it.