wghoffma

AverMedia EB1304net USB not recognized

I have an AverMedia EB1304net SATA...........2 questions

1.The recorder doesn't recognize my flash drive. I try to do a backup and the recorder tells me to insert the flash drive even though the flash drive is attached. (the flash drive is good because I can get my computer files to it). 2. Can I eliminate the flash drive and connect the recorder directly to my computer via USB?

I have an AverMedia EB1304net SATA...........2 questions

1.The recorder doesn't recognize my flash drive. I try to do a backup and the recorder tells me to insert the flash drive even though the flash drive is attached. (the flash drive is good because I can get my computer files to it). 2. Can I eliminate the flash drive and connect the recorder directly to my computer via USB?

Hi wghoffma. no dont connect your dvr by usb to your computer. is your dvr connected to you net work ??

DVR is on my network

Hi wghoffma. then that would be the best way to back-up with remote console. or if buy pen. your dvr HD sounds like it was formated wrong. instead of fat it is fat32. place usb HD into your pc click computer right click your pen then click on drop down format menu click fat32 then quick format. then it should work on your dvr.