g4lbjlen

Playback Recording on KPD674 via Browser IE version 8

Hi again folks,

Have got a strange one here, and one that even my supplier can't help with.

I have an AVTECH KPD674 set up nicely at home and configured so I can access via both home LAN (either wired or Wireless) and also on the web (http://mycctv.shacket.nu - user = guest - pass = 0000)

This seems to work well enough giving me ALMOST full control over the DVR (when using the supervisor login - not guest login), except, on my main computer and all but one other (including that in the suppliers shop) we cannot playback stored vieo (you know, go look at video from yesterday or whenever).

I can however, run playback on ONE machine (the wifes laptop). The only difference I can see is that only the laptop is uising Internet Explorer VERSION 7, while ALL the others are using IE VERSION 8

SO the question begs: Has anyone else come across this problem? and what's the fix ? (perhpas one of the hundreds of settings in IE

Help please.

Len Gurney

Liverpool UK

Hi, did you enable or prompt all the activeX settings and or added the site to the trusted sites list?

I dont use IE8 myself though but have used it in the past on occasion at client locations.

Hi

Im considering purchase of a KPD674 dvr

has anyone got one & what is your oppinion on it

OK Rory, yes I activated all activeX settings in IE8 and all zones and set the sites as allowed in trusted sites...... hence that's why I am at a loss.

Never mind, shall keep trying, and many thanks for the promt reply.

Len

Liverpool UK

Hi

Im considering purchase of a KPD674 dvr

has anyone got one & what is your oppinion on it

OK pactrol, yes I have this unit, with the 500gb drive fitted, and currently run 3 cameras on it. It does exactly what it says on the box, is simple enough to set up. The motion det triggering works well adding time on before and after the "event" which I find useful.

It's a neat enough machine and interfaces well enough on the web with the only problem as detailed above with downloading/playing previously recorded events via IE8. I link it via a TP-Link wireless router and found it faily easy to put on both internet and loacl network. Setting up user accounts is dead simple and the supplied managment software works adequately enough.

It has the facility to plug in a USB mouse which realy makes this easy, but you still need to use the remote as well. As for the USB data port (memory stick) It works well eough but failed to recognise the 160gb portable drive I have. In fairness the drive if formatted for FAT32 not NTFS so may try a reformat and see if the DVR will recognise it then.

If you have a specific question please ask.

I have previously had a first generation DVR a Video Tardis and find the KPD is far simpler to set up and use.

Len

Liverpool UK

g4lbjlen

thank you that was most informative

I only have one more question Im replacing a samsung dvr

which while it works fine. the noise it makes drives me nuts

what is the KPD like in regards noise.

g4lbjlen

thank you that was most informative

I only have one more question Im replacing a samsung dvr

which while it works fine. the noise it makes drives me nuts

what is the KPD like in regards noise.

OK.. well the KPD has no ventilation fan, ergo there's no fan noise, but in an otherwise noiseless environment, you can JUST hear the HDD running, that's about it. It is FAR, FAR quieter than my HUMAX Freeview recoder!!

Len

Liverpool UK

Edited by Guest

HI

no fan ? realy and heat isn,t a problem then ?

given its the fan that makes all the noise then I

think that is a big plus point

thanks for the info

HI

no fan ? realy and heat isn,t a problem then ?

given its the fan that makes all the noise then I

think that is a big plus point

thanks for the info

Heat doesn't seem to be a problem, and indeed in this installation, it is stacked with radio transmitter equipment on top of it.

Hope this helps

PS forgive the crooked camera angle, it's difficult leaning over the rest of the c**p to get any kind of shot if it.

dvrJPG.thumb.jpg.849c1fb7630b8e9d06f14c4f430ac887.jpg

hi

yep you made your point

if that burner dosent bother it then I doubt anything else will

thanks m8

hi

yep you made your point

if that burner dosent bother it then I doubt anything else will

thanks m8

The power amp is for VHF and no that doesn't bother it.

However 100watts of SSB at anything from 7.0Mhz to 24Mhz kills the video input feeds from the cameras stone dead for about 10 seconds after TX ends .. shouldn't think the DVR operating system likes it too much either, as on one occaision while running 100watts SSB on 14Mhz the DVR re-booted itself. Only to be expected I suppose.. still better than the Eurovox Cable box I had at one time, one sniff of RF at 14Mhz and that thing shut down altogether and needed a cold re-start

Good luck; for the price I think it's a good peice of kit but then I would; I bought one !

Try the links to the guest system (detailed in the signature block below) my friend and see what you think.. it will be better during daylight hours, you won't have to wait for the flood lights to come on then.

So OK.. feeling a bit stupid here.

I have found the problem, albeit by accident. It all comes down to..... Virus scanner!!!... I was using Avast on both systems in my office, but NOT on the laptop that did work OK.

Anyway, this evening Avast told me The licence had expired and to download the new verison. I did that, and the computer went breasts upwards, so much so that it took me ages to regain control of the system, and take Avast off.. while testing to make sure the system seemed stable, I tried the H.264 and up it came ok, then out of curisoity I tryed plauyback, and it worked.

Went to the other machine, turned Avast OFF and yes, you guessed it, it worked there also.

So I now have gone back to AVG on my main machine, and will leave it that way for now.

So now I feel a pratt, but at least you now know what it is if it happens to you

Have fun, be safe.......

Hello everyone.

I just got my first CPD 540A (KPD674).

It appearts that I am having the exact same problems as the other posts in the DVR forum.

I do not know about this version of the 4 channel DVR, but the 4 channel JPEG (IDE hard drive) and the MPEG (SATA hard drive) will work in a covert environment in the hot Florida attics with no problems. I have tried other DVRs in the heat, but they start beeping their heads off before I even get down the ladder from the attic, and the AVTech DVRs keep on humming. Remember that my use is for short term surveillance and is not a permanent installation. Any DVR in an environment above 75 degrees is having extra nails pounded in to its coffin! I would suggest putting a couple of pencils, or some kind of wooden strips between the equipment stacked above the DVR. You may end up melting some solder inside of a chipset. It will take a while for it to feel the effects, but you may want to add a fan just in case. The DVR being at the bottom of the stack keeps it from receiving heat from the bottom.

The DVR that I just received is in a covert environment and I had to rip the piezo off the board for quiet power up.

It locked up for no reason today at 430 pm eastern. The DVR continued to record even thought the browser, and Video Viewer showed the locked up timestamp and the video that was playing at the moment that it froze.

Nice to know that the DVR was still recording. I do not know if that is related to firmware, or the independant operation.

I also cannot play videoback from temp video. I stole the player from Video Server E and that had no effect.

I am running MicroSoft Security Essentials. I have not removed it as of yet to test the player, but that is interesting that Avast would cause this kind of problem.

Here is a page I made to start gathering info to help everyone.

http://scorpiontheater.com/kpd674.aspx

Edited by Guest

Regarding hot temps .. i reluctantly put an Avermedia 1304net inside a utility room at the bottom of a big building, a place where it was soo hot that if in there for a minute in the summer you would be pooring with sweat .. but the thing just keeps on ticking .. 2 years later .. now there was an issue where the HDD went but they had it replaced .. Id think if anything that would be the thing to go .. so another thought is using Solid State drive .. but then they are still expensive for the equivalent in a HDD. Anyway my 2 cents