paparaaaapa

AVTECH 4 CH MPEG4

got a call from my customer, since their company is far from us so we will need to know the situation and what should we do when we arrived at their site. This is there problem, they cannot remote viewing online from their headquarter. There is nothing wrong with their modem router as the modem router is 4 ports, and there connected to 1 pc and the DVR. And at first i thought it will be the inernet problem where they can't online but they didn't knew it. But the connected pc can goes online means the internet is okay. So i thought that might be the DVR's LAN port is burned, but again it surprise me. The connected PC on the same modem can view locally to the DVR using the CMS system. That's what they told me after i ask them to troubleshoot for me. And last thing i did on my sites is that i try to ping the DDNS, it seems like the ping is not 100% received, where it is only 75% and sometime 25%. And sometime i can received the ping back for 100% for a few try. I am kinda confused about this, and what my others friends told me is that the problem might be because of the modem router. So i try my luck seek help from the expert here... " title="Applause" />

yeah, some to add. if i ping the 1st time i might only get 25% received, but the second time i ping the DDNS, iwill get full 100% received.

Just a simple question, have they setup the firewall rules to point a particular port to the device ? I use port 123 here, generally its a vacant port and it also gets it away from port 80.

Just a simple question, have they setup the firewall rules to point a particular port to the device ? I use port 123 here, generally its a vacant port and it also gets it away from port 80.

yes, the port forwarding have been done, it is alright all the way back and now they suddenly cannot view online. i suspect the modem got the problem.

Too many variables.

The fact that they can see video on a local LAN is good news. DVR works! Router works!

Are they using a DNS, or do they have a static WAN IP Address?

I would have them do an www.ipchicken.com to see what they have for a WAN IP Address (if it is not static). If you can see video through this IP address then everything checks out good. This must be a system that is using a DNS. Is the DNS set on the router, or is is some software that is on a local LAN PC? The software may not be updating on the router , or the PC and that may be what needs to have the trouble shoot. I would have them change the router, and setup all of the port forwards as a test. If they do not have the capability then bring your own router as a back up.

If the DNS is set inside of the DVR then pull it from there and give the router the task of DNS.

Those are some of my wild guesses!