DKtucson

wavy lines--here & there on one cam

I think my last post failed--if this duplicates my apologies...

On one cam I'm getting here & there wavvy distortion lines or "noise". They'll be there for a day or so then be gone for days and then return.

Dome camera mounted under eaves of garage on a double gang box. Cabling is RG59 siamese..all copper , no aluminum. Crimp connector to BNC on cam.

Cabling to cam is about 150ft and is run in EMT conduit. There is no other voltage lines within THAT conduit but there is a parallel source of 110VAC in a nearby conduit run that supplies voltage to some motion security lights.

If anyone could look at these sample stills and tell me if it would benefit from a ground loop isolator I would be appreciative of the input

garagenowavy1.jpg.fa9ffc599cc752a153a10695dc363a1e.jpg

garagewavy.jpg.22600298caaa6d15bf63e1fe69f011fd.jpg

First question would be: how is the camera powered? From one central power supply or several "wall wart" style plugs on the wall?

Try connecting the camera directly to the DVR. That will tell you if it's a cabling issue. More than likely the cabling has come too close to some high voltage equipment and/ or lines.

I would also swap the camera with another known working one. You will want to isolate cabling, the channel on the DVR, the camera, and the power supply. Not in that order though. It could be a lot of things.

Ground loop isolators will probably help the issue, but it will only be a bandaid on the true problem.

The camera is poered from a central 12v 5amp distribution box. These wavy lines seem to come & go. I had them on another cam with shorter cabling run but redid all the bnc connectors with crimp as opposed to twist-on connectors for a more positive termination--this alleviated the "orange peel" lines in that camera.

This cam's cabling---like I stated, is in conduit but within a short distance from 110VAC that is also in a seperate emt conduit run and it is the longest run of cable in an 8 cam system

UPDATE****

see attached pic--gone again with IR on---not that IR makes any difference as I've had daytime output with no humm either.

update_wavy.jpg.9e0d709a81698f4492e3aedd1ed163e0.jpg