dragoon

Super-Computer Security

Howdy everyone, I'm a newbie in CCTV security system and unfortunately english is not my first language so i may apologies for any mistake in this thread.

I've been hired to install a camera security system to protect server room

This is in a silo and it is spread on 3 level.

Level 1: Fan and Electricity system 2 Door

Level 2: This is separate into 2 "room" ( It is like a circle into another circle) The wall between those both "circle" room is made from Glass so we can see partially through it where the computer part does not obstruct the vision (I apologies is kinda hard to explain)

Level 3: Same as Level 2

Plus I need a camera In front of a "special" connector (witch can't be seen from anywhere else)

Those room are really noisy so I do not want any kind of Audio.

I think there small light open 24/7 in the silo.

It is gonna be around 8 camera, and I'm not sure if I would like to use a

1)IP Camera with NVR, Those are expensive and we do not need to get more camera in the future

2)CCTV Analogue Camera + DVR This should be fine but the fact i don't like is I am limited to the DVR. Is it possible to export the video files recorded on the DVR into another kind of device VIA ethernet connection (Like another computer..)

And is it possible to buy a "Linux os DVR" witch i can connect myself as root and do what i need to do?

I'm pretty sure this is impossible.... So i tried to find some information about DVR PCI-PCIe Card to put into a computer so i could have all the control i need. The only software witch linux can run is zoneminder (in my research so far) and this solution seem pretty hard to find Camera/DVR card witch gonna work with this software...

As you could understand I must use Linux as an operating system, I Can't use any microsoft product for some reason..

(I guess an embedded windows DVR should be fine ... but i prefer not)

More specification:

We want to record only when someone enter the silo (Motion detection)

We do not need SUPER feature like remote control from a 3g cellphone...

We cannot install ANY software who needed Windows OS

Quality of camera:

We need to be able to (from the face) recognize who enter the silo (so good resolution is needed)

Some area might be dark during the night so i guess we need IR led?

So here I'm asking Do you have some advice to put this in place?

Thank for ANY reply and I apologies again for any english mistake present in this thread.

EDIT: Here I'm back with more information:

My supervisor want one of those 2 option

Option A)

IP Camera With POE (Power over ethernet ) because we don't want a tons of wire.

Being able to extract every video/picture on a server.

Option B)

CCTV Analogue camera with DVR but we are looking to extract our different file on a server. We do not want the file only on the DVR hard drive.

We want to remote control the DVR. From a distant computer if possible.

Finally we do not need color on camera but we gonna take it if we can.

And we have around 2500$CAN to buy this system

Thx again for any reply

Linovision http://www.linovision.com/ does Linux DVR Software for Hikvision cards and also sells the Software bundled with a card. I haven't tried it myself though.

If you need IR or not, really depends on the amount of light that you have. You are not very specific on that. I don't recommend cameras with build in IR, I have had trouble with them very often. If you need IR, get a separate IR illuminator.

I must say that your post is a bit confusing. What do you mean by "level 2", "level 1" etc. You should give more data + space plan or at least a rough drawing of the space. It is hard to help if one has no idea how the space looks like.

koolmer

I apologies for the lack of answer! I was really busy these day!

I'm fine with the camera choice. We test a Vivotek IP7138 and it work fine we just have to change the lens on 2 / 7 camera to have a larger view angle.

The web embeded server can be configure to take a snapshot and upload it to FTP each time it notice some movement this was exactly what we needed.

Now what I'm looking for is a software to watch multiple camera stream (video only)

This software must work on linux or MAC and I experienced zoneminder and i was unable to have it working properly even with the wiki / documentation

I even think about building a web page with RTSP stream on it

I'm kinda confuse for now because i cant find an easy way to see multiple live stream on a single screen

We still need a (at least) 24 ports PoE switch if you have any recommendation for that kind of hardware it would be appreciated

Any kind of help will be appreciated

P.S. I can't upload here my E-map of the camera position due to the privacy of this file.

You should take a look at Exacq for the recording software, the server side will run in Windows or Linux, and the client software will run on Win, Mac, or Linux. Also allows web viewing with no plug-ins (Firefox, etc. work fine).

IWe still need a (at least) 24 ports PoE switch if you have any recommendation for that kind of hardware it would be appreciated

Any kind of help will be appreciated

Looking for a managed or unmanaged switch? Netgear makes some very good, inexpensive unmanaged PoE switches. Just read the spec's carefully. Some of their 24 port switches only have 12 ports with PoE.

For a managed switch, I'd look at the DLink DES-1228P. It has full 10/100 24 port PoE plus 2 copper and 2 fiber Gigabit ports. Some people have knocked the reliability of these units but we've had 4 units running from 16 to 20 Mobotix cameras for over a year and the only problem was one lost port on one unit. For a $300.00 managed switch, that's not bad.

You can always look at Cisco, too. Excellent units but you pay for the name.