jeffs72a

DVRhost.com Not working with windows

dvrhost.com is NOT a web site, but a dynamic DNS service which redirects it to your DVR. If you are not saying what DVR you are using, noone will be able to help you, but if it is an old model with an ActiveX that works only under IE6, and it does not get along well with IE7 and IE8, you won't have an easy solution.

There are program versions called "portable" that means they work with no installation. You can carry them around on a pendrive, run them on a computer with no prior install, wipe the folder and it will leave nothing on the registry, etc. This versions are usually hacked versions and in no way supported by the original software manufacturer. You could try IE6 portable, and if it works just keep it around, it should not conflict with your main IE install.

The DVR Model is an Nuvico NVJV 4000. I have had it for 3 or 4 years now so it is not a newer model. I can connect to the DVR no problem then Internet Explorer loads an add on called "PdvrOcx Class ver 1.0.2.2" which is an active x control. The DVR connection goes thru but the camera images are just black boxes. I have tried using firefox but it does work either. Are you indicating that the newer DVRs do not use active x to display via the web? I could not find a link that worked for any of the portable IE 6 versions which did not require an installation.

First download link I found by googling "portable explorer 6" is working:

http://www.enpalermo.com/descargas/utilidades/internet-explorer-6-0-sp1-portable.html

http://files.enpalermo.com/ie6sp1_eolas.zip

Untested, and note that this will probably be IE6 portable in SPANISH.

The DVR Model is an Nuvico NVJV 4000. I have had it for 3 or 4 years now so it is not a newer model. I can connect to the DVR no problem then Internet Explorer loads an add on called "PdvrOcx Class ver 1.0.2.2" which is an active x control. The DVR connection goes thru but the camera images are just black boxes. I have tried using firefox but it does work either. Are you indicating that the newer DVRs do not use active x to display via the web? I could not find a link that worked for any of the portable IE 6 versions which did not require an installation.

An Activex won't work with Firefox. No, I did not say that newer DVRs do not use activex, most do, I was saying that if your DVR is an old one, with an Activex made to work when IE6 was the latest and greatest, if that Activex will not work with IE7 and IE8, you are out of luck. You could try to get a firmware update from the manufacturer (very hard for an old model) , and your best solution would be to stick to IE6 for watching the DVR (if IE6 won't do it, maybe just have a virtual machine for that...)