sjpage

2* AVTECH AVC796D 8CH - 16 cameras over 1 screen ?

Hi

We have 2 8CH AVTECH AVC796D's with Video Viewer we can have 16 cameras on one screen though they are 18 squares taking up only half the screen

Does anyone know of a way we can view all 16 cameras on one full screen?

I have tried 'Video Server E' it sees the DVR's but does not allow me to connect to them and i dont even know if it did connect that it would do what i'm looking for.

We have just purchased three more DVR units of another manufacture and the software provided allows us to run a pc as a server and show all cameras on one screen and move them around we have 5 on one, 3 on another and 8 on the last and the software will show all 16 on one screen - I don’t want to have to buy 2 more units if I can avoid it

Any help/advice would be appreciated ?

stef

I have never worked with the 796.

Running throught the tabs on video viewer I would have thought that would allow you to view all 16.

Sounds like it is a variable of a 9 screen times two.

The video Server E will only work with IDE version DVRs

Video Viewer was made for the SATA version DVRs and was created for (at the time) the upcoming H.264 DVRS.

This is a viewer that can connect to H.264, Sata Version and IDE version DVRs. The Video Viewer was made backwards compatable.

The Video Server E cannot connect to future developed products (from it's time of inception).

Thx for the reply

Yes it is a variable of a 9 screen times two on half of the screen , it's actually 1*9 or 4*9 so we get 36 squares for 16 images

this is the 264 sata

any ideas of any other software that may do the job ?

thanks

stef

perhaps bringing up one DVR through the browser, and the other through video viewer and sizing them side by side or below and above?

That’s more or less what we have been doing, using two browsers

However the images don’t fill the screen and are no better than the video viewer software

there must be some way to access individual cameras as most of the time the video viewer software only shows you what the DVR is playing if you go to edit an area with the viewer you can bring up individual cameras without effecting what is displayed on the DVR unit

So you would presume it has the capability to stream individual cameras rather than just what is being displayed on the DVR

they dont have activex yet do they?

that would make life easier .... i wish some java expert would decompile it and make an activeX control, can then make your own client apps no browser needed.

That’s more or less what we have been doing, using two browsers

However the images don’t fill the screen and are no better than the video viewer software

there must be some way to access individual cameras as most of the time the video viewer software only shows you what the DVR is playing if you go to edit an area with the viewer you can bring up individual cameras without effecting what is displayed on the DVR unit

So you would presume it has the capability to stream individual cameras rather than just what is being displayed on the DVR

i guess there is another option, though perhaps a little complicated but in theory easy enough.

Create a VB6 app ...load the 2 x 9 channel windows ... but hidden. then grab the handle of each indovidual video box and make their parent your app or some other control inside your app, so it looks like you have a 16 channel viewer .. a bit of a hack and depends on how easy it is to get those handles and clone them to your app .. but may work. My DVR is not on the network right now but would be willing to try it, with whatever video viewer software you are using. Just send me the links and test IP, maybe worth a shot. Ive cloned video from Acti, Axis, and Geovision, to other controls in other forms .. dont see why this cant be done. Though I havent done it from other apps to my app .. would be interested to see if it works

ah yes so that option does work .. the cloning .. I call it cloning but its really just setting a window to a new parent. though it would still depend on the app and its window handles etc and can be problematic but once coded properly would work .. somehow .. see example from a demo online using a hikvision card: (note, only demo I had available at the time, the hik software is actually not bad at all, a little heavy though, but ofcourse it is fine as it is, this is just an example)

BTW you actually see live video on the VB6 program.

NOTE: Blurred for security, PM to see originals.

before, connected to demo site in the main client software:

127889_1.jpg

after window 1 cloned to a test vb6 program:

127889_2.jpg

And ofcourse why not .. 4 cameras cloned to test vb6 program: (resized into picture boxes)

127889_3.jpg

disclaimer; cloned in this case does not represent pirating or any other illegal activity.

This is only a test and only an example, this does not represent the actual software.

the software used was from public demos of software and sites found online:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20300

http://www.ameta.ca/demo.php

Thanks for the replies

Strangely enough this has been the route I have been going down

Only when I get the handle of the videos all I get is the white background behind the video

I believe it's an activex that installs and because of this you cant copy the video i can copy all the web page but the video never shows up

I have also tried decompiling the original html

What you need to probably do is work with the video server client app instead of the web page ..

video server client app ?

do you know if there is one for this unit i could only find the video viewer

The IVM software looks good but will not connect to these units i just get a network failed error

thanks.

Actually i had a 4 channel version of that DVR before, the software is better then Video Server E IMO . but the DVR quality was so bad I had to give it away and go back to the other Avtech ...

But I would need an IP to test to get multiple windows ... I dont know if the single window I am getting now is even the video window or not, so cant do it without at least 1 live camera to test, 2 would be better though.

Rory