Sign in to follow this  
redmercurypr

Advice on system expansion

Hi, I,am currently looking to expand a system I installed in a 5 story building. I started with a Geovsion card, 2 elevator cameras, 1 camera in the lobby, and 1 camera on the second floor. The elevator cameras I used are Speco CVC-607EXCM, they work great! To send the video signal through the elevator shaft I used NVT-213A transceivers with telephone cable. The lobby camera I used a Panasonic WV-CW484F, I chose this because of the light coming into the entrance, and last on the second floor I used a Panasonic WV-CW244S. I know both panos have smoked lenses decreasing their lux but the owner insisted on it so the camera lens cannot be seen. It made the image darker from what you would want but I fixed it with the Geo system.

I'm looking now to add more cameras, for the upper 3 floors I'll stick with the WV-CW244s. Outside of the building I need 2 cameras, one will be on the second floor looking down towards a chain-link gate that's 60ft away, and the other one on the back. I'm going tonight to check the light conditions, I'll record and post it on YouTube. These 2 cameras the owner wants day/night viewing, I'm hoping to stay with Panasonic since I might get for the gate camera a ready-to-go package. The one on the back I need a 90 degree base to use a pano dome but I'm still looking for it. Again I guess a lot depends on the light conditions I find tonight. Any advice or comments you are more than welcome.