omer78

PZ Help integrate an ACM-1231 camera with my configuration

All you need is a IEEE 802.3af compliant POE injector and you will be fine. The camera takes 6.5 watts with the IR on POE.

Also please check the link in my signature I have 3 of them forsale at great pricing with a NVR.

Well, that's 19.2W... stepped down to 12V (and assuming 100% efficiency, granted), that's 1.2A available.

Can you please make it more simple for me, i didn't understand your explanation...

The camera uses 12V so if i have a48V injector output with 400mA the camera takes only when it needs ?

Any electrical/electronic device will draw only as much current as it requires. 400mA is the *maximum* the injector can provide at 48V.

Since the POWER remains constant (again, assuming 100% efficiency, which is impossible in the real world, but is what we usually deal with for the sake of keeping things easy), as the voltage changes, the available current changes inversely-proportionally. Given that Power = Voltage times Current (P=VI), that gives you 48V * 0.4A = 19.2W.

Step it down to 24VDC, you'd have up to 800mA available; at 12VDC, you get up to 1.6A (sorry, calculated wrong above).

Dear friend, thx for braking it down for me, now i fully understand.

Have a wonderful weekend !!!

omer