embedded_tom

Intellicam and GenIV Technology?

I've got an Intellicam JS RTA D1 that I'd like to view over an Android phone. I went to http://www.intellicamusa.com but it's now some bogus-looking, unfinished, unpolished website. I thought I read somewhere that Intellicam is now http://www.genivtechnology.com? The units look exactly the same, and the menu screens in the the manuals are identical.

So does anyone know if they are the same company, or if they both purchase from the same manufacturer (if they aren't the OEM themselves)?

I'd ask Mike at Shoreview, but his site has expired.

I'm hoping that they are the same or similar because there is an app available from GenIV for Android based phones, like the one I'm considering upgrading to (HTC Incredible).

Thanks for any insights!

tom

Hi Tom,

First they are the same company they just changed their name and site name. You asked about the "GenIV for Android based phones" You need to call them at 1-800-814-4364 and ask if the new phone app will work or not on the unit that you have. I have heard that the phone app. only works with the newest of their DVR's.

Hope that helps

Jim

Trace-Net Network Services, LLC

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the reply. I also got a reply from GenIV tech support & you are right: they were Intellicam and are now GenIV. Only the new G4 HD DVR's are capable of using the smart phone apps. You can tell if it's the right DVR by the HDMI port on the back.

Oh well. Maybe I'll get the Android SDK and try to roll my own.

Tom