eyespye.security

IR Recommendation for Marine Application

We have installed a Spectra Dome Nitrogen pressure from Pelco which works AWESOME.

Our customer is a big time developer and has several yatchs he wants the same PTZ installed.

But, (you know that was coming) he is often at sea at night and would like better visibility, so I am looking for recommendations on IR illuminators.

I know Extreme makes a bunch and so does Pelco, but for marine applications is a bit different as water absorbs the IR light and the choppiness of water will further degrade the effectiveness.

Does anyone have a recommendation that has worked well? I'm looking for actual install experience.

Thanks in advance.

Are you talking about the some type of flood light? I am not sure how wide and far those will illuminate. Do you have any recommendations?

Can you think of any pros and cons?

Thanks in advance.

We have installed a Spectra Dome Nitrogen pressure from Pelco which works AWESOME.

Our customer is a big time developer and has several yatchs he wants the same PTZ installed.

But, (you know that was coming) he is often at sea at night and would like better visibility, so I am looking for recommendations on IR illuminators.

I know Extreme makes a bunch and so does Pelco, but for marine applications is a bit different as water absorbs the IR light and the choppiness of water will further degrade the effectiveness.

Does anyone have a recommendation that has worked well? I'm looking for actual install experience.

Thanks in advance.

Don't use IR use thermal.

I would suggest the dual sensor (CCTV/Thermal) MIC400 in stainless steel.

Ilkie

How about the white LED flood lights that are for marine purpose? They are pricey. I have them on my Grandma's surveillance system and the are wonderful.

Larsons/Magnalite brands - you get what you paid for.