x-man

VEC1604FB or GV-1480 card...hardware or software...?

Hi,

after some searching, reading...I come to Dahua VEC1604FB and GV-1480, both 16ch, I hope that you have some free time to tell me what is better to buy and why...?

Look like price of Dahua VEC1604FB is better than GV-1480 http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/294749331-16ch-DVR-Card-with-s-w-and-SDK-VEC1604FB--wholesalers.html , I don`t know is this original or clone card but this people said it is original with dahua original software or skyvision....

With dahua I don`t need some strong pc but look like recording resolution is better for GV card...

I hope that you have some free time to write something because I need good card, good software and good price...

Thanks.

Not famaliar with the dahua brand but the Geovision is a very good hardware/software package.

As for selection, a lot depends on your application. Will you be using analog cameras only? Possible upgrade in the future to IP cameras? Will you be recording 24/7, motion, or on a schedule basis? Are the scenes busy, average or minimal?

You mentioned the GV1480. Do you really need 30 FPS/channel view and record or can you get away with the GV1240 at 15 FPS/channel record and 30 view and save yourself some money on the purchase cost? The GV1120 gives 7.5 FPS record and 30 view.

Just some points to consider. I'm sure you'll get more detailed questions/responses soon.

In this moment all analog cameras...well, IP cameras cost a lot more but maybe I`ll use in future...

I`ll record 24/7 motion, minimal scenes...

Yes, I don`t must record 30 FPS/channel, 15 FPS or less will be very good...I`ll check that cards...

Thank you for all info...

If somebody else can say something about dahua and geovision cards, also hardware vs software based cards please write here...

Thanks.

Look like price of Dahua VEC1604FB is better than GV-1480 http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/294749331-16ch-DVR-Card-with-s-w-and-SDK-VEC1604FB--wholesalers.html , I don`t know is this original or clone card but this people said it is original with dahua original software or skyvision....

I checked the link. They used the pirated version of our software once. We have copyright protection technique in our software. If anyone meets any issues when using the pirated version, we will accept no responsibility.

In fact, Dahua card works well and stable. But I will not recommend you to purchase from the link.

Even i am not sure of Aliexpress, if they use pirated or not. So i havent tried them out. I go with chinabuye and its comfortable for me to order gadgets with much security. You can get all cool gadgets, hardwares and softwares.

Hi,

after some searching, reading...I come to Dahua VEC1604FB and GV-1480, both 16ch, I hope that you have some free time to tell me what is better to buy and why...?

With dahua I don`t need some strong pc but look like recording resolution is better for GV card...

I hope that you have some free time to write something because I need good card, good software and good price...

Thanks.

Hi xmen. it would be better for you to post your budget. if your budget is like the cheap china link you have posted then there is not much as in good products for that price.

Not famaliar with the dahua brand but the Geovision is a very good hardware/software package.

As for selection, a lot depends on your application. Will you be using analog cameras only? Possible upgrade in the future to IP cameras? Will you be recording 24/7, motion, or on a schedule basis? Are the scenes busy, average or minimal?

You mentioned the GV1480. Do you really need 30 FPS/channel view and record or can you get away with the GV1240 at 15 FPS/channel record and 30 view and save yourself some money on the purchase cost? The GV1120 gives 7.5 FPS record and 30 view.

Just some points to consider. I'm sure you'll get more detailed questions/responses soon.

The GV-1480 only gives you 30FPS at CIF recording in 4CIF it is more like 10FPS, if you activate Turbo mode you will get higher but lose some functions.

Also the Dahua card is a non realtime card that also do not deliver 30FPS at 4CIF.

And if 30FPS @ 4CIF is available that is what you should go for, you always end up wanting to have better images, more frames, better color, more functions on software.

Price: Dahua shoul be far less then GV and also it is hardware compression so you can spend less on PC parts.

JD

The GV-1480 only gives you 30FPS at CIF recording in 4CIF it is more like 10FPS, if you activate Turbo mode you will get higher but lose some functions.

although using Geo's smart motion recording you can get much faster video in D1, near real time in many cases.

although using Geo's smart motion recording you can get much faster video in D1, near real time in many cases.

Hi!

Where is the Smart Recording setting on the Combo cards?

Best

JD

Hi!

Where is the Smart Recording setting on the Combo cards?

Best

JD

Enabled by default.

I have 13 cameras for example, when only 4 are getting motion, they are real time. It speeds up and down depending on how many cameras are picking up motion at the time.