Randymc61

repair or replace, and with what?

I am new to this site and do not have much experience with security systems. I have a Samsung ssc14web that I bought at Sams Club years ago and just recently the monitor went out. I would like to find a very inexpensive monitor that I can use my existing DVR and cameras with. If you're not familiar with that system, the cameras all plug in to the back of the monitor. I am on disability so there's not much money and it's just for home use. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The monitor is a CRT and the screen was turning green, then red, then it finally went out. does anyone have an opinion on whether it would be repairable on the cheap?

Thanks

You will have to either buy a new monitor or get an adapter like this one. You will need one for each camera and also a new power supply you can buy them on ebay or any electronic store. The only problem is that I cant find them in the US. If you find any please let me know where you got them from.

Jared

736374166_rj11tobncpower.jpg.fb21fb2fceb4ee9d71b6a543bacc0e9f.jpg

Take your monitor to a repair TV repair shop (or Electronics repair shop). They can determine if it is repairable. Expect about $250 to $350 for the repair bill.

These are no longer manufactured.

You might buy one on EBAY, or Craig's List fairly cheap?

I am new to this site and do not have much experience with security systems. I have a Samsung ssc14web that I bought at Sams Club years ago and just recently the monitor went out. I would like to find a very inexpensive monitor that I can use my existing DVR and cameras with. If you're not familiar with that system, the cameras all plug in to the back of the monitor. I am on disability so there's not much money and it's just for home use. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The monitor is a CRT and the screen was turning green, then red, then it finally went out. does anyone have an opinion on whether it would be repairable on the cheap?

Thanks

On the back of the sscweb14 there are 4 bnc jacks. These are video pass throughs of the first 4 cameras. Hook one of these up to a monitor (yellow input RCA female jack on a TV) and see if you still have video going through the Samsung monitor. If so, add a Quad switcher to get 4 images on one screen or use them as the inputs for a DVR. If no joy there, try building your own adapter / power supply for the cameras.

I have had several ssc14web, they all eventually died but the cameras still worked. I have been able to get the cameras back into useful service by making my own adapters with Leviton RJ12 keystone phone jacks, a keystone wall plate, 4x4 box with a single gang cover, a few cheap video RCA to RCA cables and an old 12 volt wall wart powersupply. Wall wart you could already have, the rest you can get at Home Depot. You will need to do a little soldering.

Cut a video cable in half, strip and the video (-) is the shield, the video (+) is the center conductor. Tin both - it makes them easier to punch into the 110 blocks of the RJ12 jacks.

12 volt (+) from the wall wart gets daisy-chained to each jacks pin 1 (white/green).

Video (-) and 12 volt (-) get connected to pin 4 (white/blue).

Each discrete video (+) goes to pin 5 (orange).

Plug the cameras into the RJ12, plug the RCA jacks into a Quad switcher box (EBay) and use the video as is or run it through an RF convertor get it on the tuner as channel 3/4 of a TV monitor with no video in.

Of course you can also plug these cameras into any DVR you choose with a RCA to BNC adapter.

These cameras really are not bad for what they are. Good luck!

NJD

CNB VCM24VF - camera mounted 12 feet above the floor, set up exactly as it came out of the box, lighting is 2 x 80w fluorescent in the adjacent stall - fairly low light but the CNB is still in color mode.

129307_1.jpg

Bottom image is of the same 10' x 12' stall, sscweb14 camera mounted next to the CNB. Fixed 4.6mm lens, no ICR/TDN in fact no way to adjust anything at all. Given a decent amount of light, not a bad camera considering. Both shots captured from AVerMedia system

129307_2.jpg