Integratek

Intellio vs. 3x Logic vs. Geo Vision

I've got a customer (a large enterprise) who wants to repair, clean, and tune 16 analog cameras existing on one of the sites and install a new DVR (with IP capabilities?) at first stage, add 21 more cameras and second stage and eventually connect all branches with 10-50 cameras each to central recording and processing center.

One of companies listed in subject will be selected for dvr and (maybe) cameras.

So I've got to decide whether I want to go with IP system (more flexibility in some aspects, higher prices, could easily deploy wireless etc.) or to stick with 'ol good RG-6.

The choice is hard:

Geovision is one of oldest, reliable, has decent software and hardware compression is good.

3x Logic appears to have more advanced features (motion analyzes, etc.) and worked better than GV when I needed to get perfectly synchronized sound.

Intellio makes IP cameras with advanced motion analysis - much less storage space needed, especially at megapixel, 1024 bit encryption and few more nice gimmicks which create a strong desire to try and install them however prices appear to be highest of all three, cameras are not(?) fully compatible with all NVRs, there's no analog video whatsoever so IP servers should be used, camera's night vision is not so good (0.01 lux at best) and resolution is not too high - just up to 1 mp.

As it seems to me now I'm about to go with 3x Logic, but some information is still to be gathered.

I'll second the vote for 3xLogic Vigil - we use their systems almost exclusively, and they're the system of choice for two of Canada's largest oil companies and at least one major upscale restaurant chain that we service (gradually replacing all their GV systems, BTW).

One of the benefits of this route is that all Vigils are hybrid systems, so you can plug your analog cameras into them now, and add/change to IP cameras later. 3xLogic does sell their own line of IP cameras (rebranded Hikvisions), but Vigil does work with most other IP cams out there.

They have a number of advanced features that may be useful to your needs - some I've used (like the VCM and remote client), some I haven't had call for yet (like central database and redundant DVRs).

Well

I've presented my customer two quotations - one for fully analog system and another for 32 channel hybrid Vigil (about 35% more $$$)

let's see how this works out ...