pcrequest

can't see video in brower from Pelco

I inherited administering our Pelco DX8000 DVR system. We've always wanted to see feeds from our desktops via web browser, but it was never set up. I'm using IE (I've tried 6, 7, . I put the IP address in, and the login page comes up fine, and I can log in. I get to the webdvr.html page. The top toolbar allows me to view many different camera window patterns (i.e. 3 X 3, 2 X 2, etc). But I can't see any video. There is just a Pelco logo placeholder instead of the picture. If I log in to the Pelco itself, I can see live and recorded feeds. What do I need to do?

Disabling AV has no effect.

The Direct X plugin has been installed. Either way I login, by checking the "Direct X" or not.

I still get the same results with the Pelco logo placeholders.

651513405_pelcologin.thumb.png.08c0de67837114ac39606155a8f6f136.png

183663425_pelcoafterlogin.thumb.png.6f33e0a0aa13994e927adba72faa0107.png

Well, I figured it out. I called Pelco and they gave me a little help. Browser isn't going to work well, since we've moved on to IE 7, 8, Chrome, firefox... but the Client option is better. I installed it from our Pelco DX8000 Resource CD. What wasn't obvious to me, is you had to drag the cameras from the left pane, to the logo placeholders. D'oh. This would have been the same in the web version, but I need a machine with IE6, and even that had some Windows DEP protection issues. Too bad this software is no longer updated (according to Pelco rep). I just attempted to run Pelco Client on Windows 7, and I'm not having much luck. We're planning on moving from XP to 7 in the coming months , but I'll save that for a future post. It installs, I can drag a camera to a pane, but I get a black picture with the REC overlays. XP machines see the full video.