destro_23

Anyone have the SDK laying around?

i've posted a message to avermedia's help desk and no response... but does anyone here have the SDK ? I'd like to start working on an app for Palm/HP phones. maybe try and port over the iPhone app and then make changes.

dont know what OS the HP has, but how bout downloading the SDK for the google android OS and making something for that, its sure to take over the iphone and others in time since they are giving the OS source out for free ... and you can develop for android on linux, mac, and windows.

but I think the avermedia sdk i had before was more just an activeX control which is only for windows

what i'm trying to figure out is if the averdigi iPhone app is a "web page" app.. with just customized html... or is it a legit C++ based app...

what i'm thiking now is HTML 5 and the video element... (This way it will eventually run on ALL phones)and with most webkit phones (iPhone, Palm WebOS)

They also both run c/c++/objective c apps... people are porting iPhone apps in just a few days. So whatever can run on an iPhone can run on Palm's WebOS with some work

So now what i'm thinking is:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/191030/how_to_ditch_flash_and_stream_video_with_html5.html

http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/video.html

But i just don't know where to start with the SDK the documentation is kinda weak

got me .. im a windows vb6 developer only .. and dont use those phones

i got a netbook i can watch 64 cameras at one time on

how about make your own webserver for the DVR .. that just creates the images, if the DVR doesnt already .. then use javascript etc to refresh the images .. sure people would need to install a 3rd party app on their DVR but once its got a small footprint and does the job sure some may want it? theoretically could even use the activeX control but pure c++ would probably be better?

ok I actually just got the SDK to run.... this is kinda interesting.. it's a VERY basic windows app that just about does everything... so now i'll just poke around.... i'll post a screen shot of just how basic it is... but at this point i can prob just try and make a simple app that just brings back the Version number at the bottom... (clicking on Get Version brings back NV7.3)

So i'll try and poke around on my free time

AverMediaSDK_screenshot.jpg.f4b96f436af261c371206d194a6f0f36.jpg

Yeah you will need to look in the source examples which should have C++, VB6, .net samples etc of all the functions and stuff.