ryanflynnwigan

Samsung SND-560 IP camera NTSC/PAL

Hi guys/ladies,

I wonder if someone can help me. I've just done an installation of 54 cameras and i am just in the middle of commisioning them. They are a very new camera so this is probably a long shot.

The cameras i have installed have a video format setting (PAL or NTSC).

I cannot view the NTSC ameras as they are USA 60hz format. There is an option in the basic menu of each camera to select

pal or ntsc, "however" thi is greyed out and does not allow me to change the setting to pal.

I'm assuming these camera's come assigned to the NTSC format and that i have been sold an incorrect regional device. If anybody knows of any way to change this setting i would very much appreciate it if they could advise me how.

Thanks.

Ryan.

Samsung has a strange way of setting some of their cameras. Check the full model number of your unit. If it's SND-560P, they are preset PAL. If the model is SND-560N, you've got NSTC and a headache.

So does this mean there is no way of changing this setting? All the boxes have been thrown away so is there anyway of viewing this model number within the settings on the web browser?

Also should this even affect the image over IP? or just the composite output?

Samsung are saying it could be a faulty batch as it shouldnt affect the image viewing it via the web browser??

I'm not totally convinced.

Any help is appreciated.

If this is an IP camera, there is no PAL or NTSC. PAL & NTSC is only for analogue cameras.

If these cameras do both, analogue and IP, then it doesn't matter as long as you use the IP network to view the cameras.

Edit: If the cameras are NTSC and you only have PAL screens, try to connect it anyways. The PAL screen will give you a B/W image - even on NTSC

Koolmer is correct. As long as you're viewing over a network, you should have no problems.

Are all the camras exhibiting this problem?

Are you trying to view the cameras individually with a laptop (need crossover cable) or thru your LAN network switch or over a WAN (ports forwarded thru router?)?

Did the Active X webviewer program load into you computer without difficulty?