WRS_Mark

EB1304NET SATA Hard Drive Backup

Just wondering if anyone has successfully attempted doing a Hard Drive backup using AverMedia's USB Playback Console? I installed the drive in my PC, assigned a drive letter to it, but when I open the Playback Console then try to find the drive using the "Open File" selection, nothing can be located under "Disc Select". Tried it on both a Win 7 box and XP with no luck.

Any ideas?

when you assigned a drive letter to it you probably formatted it. the software now won't find it.

put it back into the DVR, odds are it will repair it and hopefully you will still have the data on there.

normally you just connect the drive to the pc, windows will not see it, but the DVR software will see the drive.

when you assigned a drive letter to it you probably formatted it. the software now won't find it.

put it back into the DVR, odds are it will repair it and hopefully you will still have the data on there.

normally you just connect the drive to the pc, windows will not see it, but the DVR software will see the drive.

If he formatted Hard drive how it will get repair by DVR ?

DVR will format it on start up. it can pick up all the old data again.

they only do a quick format ie remove the index page to the book. so it just reads the hardrive and writes a new index again.

been there done that

but that only works if data hasn't been deleted.

also highly recommend to turn off any windows anti virus. not sure why but it sometimes it stuffs up the data on the drive. (probably writing to the boot sector).

Thanks tweak'e.

I'll try it your way next time. What I ended up doing was installing it back in the DVR the drive came out of and just transferred the files I needed to flash. Your way makes sense, however, and I will definately try it that way next time (with antivirus off).