Monty

Advice for splitting dvr bnc video output to five tvs!

Guys, i'm working on a home cctv set-up for a customer that wants to see the dvr's video output on all five tvs in his house. I plan on running a coaxial cable to every televison and attempt to use a coaxial splitter/amplifier in the attic to distribute the video than use a bnc to rca connector! Will that work and if not what is the best way to split the bnc video output to five tvs without considerable loss. The specs of the dvr are as follows:

Compress Format Standard H.264 Baseline

Video Output Composite:1.0V p-p/75Ω,BNC x1, SPOT x1, VGA x1

Video Input Composite:1.0V p-p/75Ω,BNC×8

VGA Resolution 1280*1024 / 1024*768 / 800*600

p.s: The custmer swears he did this set-up in his in puerto rico and that it worked. I have only used a T connector in the past along with inline amps, and despite slight loss it worked, but never for more than two. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Guys, i'm working on a home cctv set-up for a customer that wants to see the dvr's video output on all five tvs in his house. I plan on running a coaxial cable to every televison and attempt to use a coaxial splitter/amplifier in the attic to distribute the video than use a bnc to rca connector! Will that work and if not what is the best way to split the bnc video output to five tvs without considerable loss. The specs of the dvr are as follows:

Compress Format Standard H.264 Baseline

Video Output Composite:1.0V p-p/75Ω,BNC x1, SPOT x1, VGA x1

Video Input Composite:1.0V p-p/75Ω,BNC×8

VGA Resolution 1280*1024 / 1024*768 / 800*600

p.s: The custmer swears he did this set-up in his in puerto rico and that it worked. I have only used a T connector in the past along with inline amps, and despite slight loss it worked, but never for more than two. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Here you go - Video Splitter Amplifier

Use good RG59...

Most of the time I've seen this done, it's done with a cable tv modulator. You inject the signal into the existing the cable system that is typically run to every tv in the house already and the cctv system just becomes another channel. (usually channel 3)

I think Channel Vision makes a decent one or at least it's what I've seen integrators use.