Sign in to follow this  
robtools

can someone help me please ec04

hi got an ec04 and it is saying theres an error maybe disk wrong fat try to re format via monitor .but the machine wont let me use any features i had a new 40gig hard drive hanging about so formated that to fat 32 and changed with the 160 gig but still say disk problem the hard disk i took out is broke as cant format it does anyone have any advice am i useing wrong fat system sould it be fat16 or could it be i need to use same side harddrive how do i format using minitor please can anyone help would be great as cant afford new on at min thanks rob

hi got an ec04 and it is saying theres an error maybe disk wrong fat try to re format via monitor .but the machine wont let me use any features i had a new 40gig hard drive hanging about so formated that to fat 32 and changed with the 160 gig but still say disk problem the hard disk i took out is broke as cant format it does anyone have any advice am i useing wrong fat system sould it be fat16 or could it be i need to use same side harddrive how do i format using minitor please can anyone help would be great as cant afford new on at min thanks rob

the DM ec04 has been around for a long time. it was DM first plug and play from the box. you could spend alot of money on your dvr and in the long run you may find it best to replace it. other problems with your dvr if you need to take footage off you either need a cd writer (and the patch lead from DM) also writer has to be compatable. so you are looking for a secondhand one (like looking for bear poo) or you need the good old vcr to do your back-up.

i would look at an avertech as a replacement (it will save you money)