DataAve

Ganz D6039

We just ordered 75 for one job (replacements/new) and 45 (new install-another job) of these Cameras. We put in 6 in a test site. They are 12/24 DC/AC (choice onboard). We use mostly 24V AC for commercial apps. Very nice camera. Gantz called us into their NY Office and asked our opinions. The only drawback to this cam is that it has a DC Lens so the Line Phase and the Iris adjustment only pertains to the DC operation. We suggested to change these features (Line Phase and the Iris adjustment) to accommodate AC. So, it looks like they will head that way. This is defiantly a camera to look at when you have dome installs-and I am not a strong proponent of Ganz.

Here are the specs.

http://www.cbcamerica.com/cctvprod/ganz/cams/domeCams/DomePDF/Cam_ZC_D6000.pdf

DAmm, those are vey nice looking cameras. I like the specs too.

Data, can you PM me what the price is going to be for dealers?

thanks!

I will take a look at paperwork. My boss gets all his equipment direct, so he gets rockbottom pricing.

So my best bet to keep it simple would be to keep what Rory said in mind?

"a decent one would have an automatic/mechanical IR Cut Filter for sure, and it would say it does.

NOT a digital Day Night - these are normally cheaper in price, and hence not quite as good as a True Day Night. - They can pass for an okay camera for their price, but you arent asking about that"

I should stay away from digital D/N cameras?

look for yourself:

http://182westmain.gotdns.com

all of them, except for the last four, are Toshiba's Ik-6400n, day night, digital.

Camera 13 is a Samsung SND-520, with a mechanical ir cutfilter. The laundry are Sony Superhad regular domes.

So my best bet to keep it simple would be to keep what Rory said in mind?

"a decent one would have an automatic/mechanical IR Cut Filter for sure, and it would say it does.

NOT a digital Day Night - these are normally cheaper in price, and hence not quite as good as a True Day Night. - They can pass for an okay camera for their price, but you arent asking about that"

I should stay away from digital D/N cameras?

Well the Ganz listed here, are Indoor Color Varifocal Dome Cameras. A totally different ball game from what we were talking about on the other thread.

Rory

oh well, wont be getting the ganz after all, sticking to Extreme and WizKid all around .. easier and great tech support .. Let me know what you guys end up with ..

We purchase few hundred per month of this mini-dome. What is really nice about this product is that it also comes with its seperate pendent mount kit (top hat) that allows you to suspend from the ceiling...

For similar product from other manufacturers, the price is much better and picture quality is sharp... I will recommend anyone to use it... and 3 years warranty, well you can not go wrong.

Levon

I used to be a distributor of Ganz gear, not a bad product really, those are very similar to some we imported that had Sharp chipsets, can you confirm this, look the Ganz gear is great and well priced but they arent in my top 5 anymore as they dont make as much in japan any more and failure rates started to fall.