scorpion

AVC780 (CPD500W, DVR4002N) Networking setup from hell.

Hello.

I had a customer from 2006 call requesting to have this old DVR networked. I tried to get them to update the DVR, but that was not an option.

I ran Cat5 throught the attic, and he recently order ATT DSL with ATT 2Wire installed.

I punched in the default IP address in to a IE browser and was unable to connect. I was unable to ping the DVR. I being new to ATT 2Wire double checked the settings in the homepage only to find the customer forgot the password to the 2Wire. Now comes the fun part to resolve this issue!

ATT (USA) 888 321 2375

Be advised that ATT now charges for Tech Support for non ATT Products (such as 3rd Party Routers, DVRs and other products).

3rd Party Tech Support 800 288 2020 (Sit down before they tell you the fee)!

AVC780 Manual

http://scorpiontheater.tech.officelive. ... 2_V1.1.pdf

Video Server S can be found on this webpage.

http://scorpiontheater.com/videoviewer.aspx

The AVC 780 does not have a DHCP mode to auto fill the IP address, gateway ect.

Hooking up a laptop to the DVR Cat5 is the only way to determine what IP the 2Wire is providing.

In the situation I was in I could not ping the DVR.

I opened the chassis and there is a button on the board that connects the DVR to the internet. I pressed this button and then the DVR worked and I could log in to the DVR through the IE browser.

I typed in admin admin and was unable to log in to the DVR.

I went in to the menu to System and reset the DVR to factory default.

This did not work.

I put a screw driver over the hardware reset pins with the power unplugged, and plugged in power and the on screen display showed the system was reset and to then powered down the unit, and then repowered the unit.

This failed to reset the password to admin / admin

I went in to the menu to networking and reset the network settings to default. OK, I admit I am grasping at straws but anything to get admin / admin to work! I then reset the menu System to Default and then unplugged the DVR and gave it time to completely power down before plugging the power back in. (I must not have let the unit power down long enough the prior attempts to reset).

Finally!

The admin / admin worked!

You will need to go in to the Menu to set your settings. You will need to activate manual recording if you are using this. You will want to set the DVR to overwrite. You will need to set your IP address info in the Network section, and you will want to go in to System and click on Buzzer and press the enter button. I deactivate Motion Alarm. This will stop the constant beeping if you have outside cameras.

Port 80 (Use 80 for testing purposes and then change to a port that you wish to use later).

If you are setting up Motion Detection you will want to get rid of the Pink. Pink is block, and clear is detection.

For those of you setting up networking for the first time you will need to go to your computer browser and click on Tools > network options > Security Tab > Custom Level and change "download unsigned active x" to prompt.

After logging in to the DVR you will need to click on the yellow bar at the top of the screen to allow the active x to run.