Sign in to follow this  
niall9311

Supplier of 4-pin waterproof DIN connectors needed

Hi all,

Does anybody know where i can buy some of the variety shown in the attached pics?

They come as standard fitment on Sony waterproof cameras that run on a 12v power supply.

Alternatively, someone who is prepared to put these connectors on the cables (coax with integral 12v supply) for me?

Hope you can help.

Cheers, Niall.

PS I'm UK- based but willing to travel to get them!

Presentation1.jpg.7cc4c037793c704d0c46c9ed691b46a5.jpg

Hi all,

Does anybody know where i can buy some of the variety shown in the attached pics?

They come as standard fitment on Sony waterproof cameras that run on a 12v power supply.

Alternatively, someone who is prepared to put these connectors on the cables (coax with integral 12v supply) for me?

Hope you can help.

Cheers, Niall.

PS I'm UK- based but willing to travel to get them!

Hi niall. if you are talking about cctv cameras. i have never seen that type of connector on a sony cctv camera.

but i have seen something like it on a plug and play (small monitor with plug in cameras) they carry the sony name and others.

can you post a pic of your camera.

Hi,

The camera that comes with this type of connector as standard can be seen on the link below:

http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/37IR_cable.jpg

(DIN connectors not shown but they are less than a metre from the camera)

The camera i want to attach them to (by cutting back the cable beyond where it splits and teasing out the image feed, +ve & shield (-ve)) is here:

http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/2020.JPG

My problem is that the camera on the first link is too long (9cm) to fit in the housing we have so i want to adapt the one on the second (6cm) in order that it will connect to the 50m run of waterpoof cabling we already have at site and which terminates with this 4-pin DIN. Regrettably, the supplier of both units can't supply either the camera i want c/w with the correct type of waterproof DIN connector or the latter on its' own.

Cheers, Niall.

Hi,

The camera that comes with this type of connector as standard can be seen on the link below:

http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/37IR_cable.jpg

(DIN connectors not shown but they are less than a metre from the camera)

The camera i want to attach them to (by cutting back the cable beyond where it splits and teasing out the image feed, +ve & shield (-ve)) is here:

http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/2020.JPG

My problem is that the camera on the first link is too long (9cm) to fit in the housing we have so i want to adapt the one on the second (6cm) in order that it will connect to the 50m run of waterpoof cabling we already have at site and which terminates with this 4-pin DIN. Regrettably, the supplier of both units can't supply either the camera i want c/w with the correct type of waterproof DIN connector or the latter on its' own.

Cheers, Niall.

Hi niall. the camera you say you are using pic 2 has a BNC connector. standard. also can i ask why you want to put it into a housing as this is going to give you big problems. you dont put a camera with ir into a housing

a bnc on the end yes but the intermediate connections are waterproof DIN plugs. the 'housing' is a 1x1m panel with open recesses for the cameras and it's been in use for 7 years with no problems, although it was designed for cameras that have max. length of 7cm whereas the latest Sony items are just under 9cm so they protude beyond it out into the river flow which affects the image quality. Hence, i need a 7cm camera with a waterproof DIN but one that will eventually terminate in a BNC with a separate 12v supply. Any ideas who might be able to supply that particular type of connection much appreciated. Niall, Newcastle, UK.