thecalmdoc

AVTECH AVR785 Disk Error when Backing Up

Hi guys,

im having an issue with an AVTECH AVR785 recorder, when backing recordings up I insert a disc, (CD or DVD), the DVR reads the discs then displays the following error message: "Disc Error".

I have factored out faulty discs by trying 4 different discs from different manufacturers, still the same error.

Is there another way to extract these recordings, not USB. Thats limited to 256kb.

If anyone could kindly help, let me show my appreciation in advance.

thanks,

tcd

I do not know if you have CD, or DVD burner. I would need to know this first of all.

You can go to a computer store with the DVR and have them match up the burner with a new one. You can pay them a fee to use one of their test CD/DVD to rule out the burner itself as being the problem.

Scorpion,

Thanks for the reply,

It has a DVD writer for sure as I'm using it.

In terms of cd-rom drive, if I do replace it does it have the exCt same manufacturer/ model?

Thanks in advance,

Tcd

Rebooted, used both cd-r's and DVD+/- neither work, still e same disc error message.

Tried backing up via USB, again it didn't work. The DVR wouldn't recognise the USB drive. It was definitely formatted as FAT32, tried a few different flash drives 1gb - 2gb. Odd thing was when the drive was removed, the DVR displayed USB removed.

At the moment, ive resorted to using a capture card on the monitor out into a machine to record the output if needed.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks