Sign in to follow this  
chantico

New To cctv Help Appreciated

hi i currently have a cheap 4 camera micromark system setup but it can only see one camera at a time and im having trouble finding a multiplexer for mini din connections iv spent weeks looking through cctv systems but unfortuantly im on a budget, iv found one system but i have absolutley no idea if its any good or not this is it

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AVTECH-674-DVR-4-KPC-139-CAMERA-CCTV-SYSTEM-500-GIG-HDD-/400142440984?pt=UK_CCTV

iv tried reading up on cctv specs and tried to find out whats what but i just cant seem to understand any of it maybe partly due to my dyslexia.

the cameras are just for my home to watch the driveway side of the house back garden and to watch a car parked just outside the drive as theres no room for it on the drive

i would mainly like a setup that can record all 4 cameras at once as my current system has a weak spot of you could probably walk round the house without bein seen because it can only view 1 camera at a time any input on this system or anyother is greatly appreciated thanks

ps i have a street light right outside my house and security lights at the side and back and currently have an ir illuminator at the side as my side light broke but have just gotten a new one

Hi there

Micromark tends to be at the more budget end of what's available to the point where it's sometimes hardly worth fitting. The other problem is that they don't use industry standard fittings meaning changing cameras or buying accessories isn't possible.

My advice would be to start again. Buy commercial grade CCTV. It doesn't have to be expensive. DVR recorders start at £150 and cameras £50-60 but you get decent gear which actually works and can be added to at any stage. You will also get features such as motion sensed recording, remote access via the internet, email alerts and so on as standard. You won't go to do something only to find your kit won't support it.

I hope that helps.

Henry

hi i currently have a cheap 4 camera micromark system setup but it can only see one camera at a time and im having trouble finding a multiplexer for mini din connections iv spent weeks looking through cctv systems but unfortuantly im on a budget, iv found one system but i have absolutley no idea if its any good or not this is it

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AVTECH-674-DVR-4-KPC-139-CAMERA-CCTV-SYSTEM-500-GIG-HDD-/400142440984?pt=UK_CCTV

iv tried reading up on cctv specs and tried to find out whats what but i just cant seem to understand any of it maybe partly due to my dyslexia.

the cameras are just for my home to watch the driveway side of the house back garden and to watch a car parked just outside the drive as theres no room for it on the drive

i would mainly like a setup that can record all 4 cameras at once as my current system has a weak spot of you could probably walk round the house without bein seen because it can only view 1 camera at a time any input on this system or anyother is greatly appreciated thanks

ps i have a street light right outside my house and security lights at the side and back and currently have an ir illuminator at the side as my side light broke but have just gotten a new one

the system you have listed from ebay . is not a bad little dvr (at least its a brand name) so you will get a lot of support. but not shure about the cameras.