andrewluke

Avtech AVC770 digital video recorder

hi all,

3-4yrs ago i purchased an Avtech AVC770 digital video recorder from a car boot sale and it has sat in the shed since,last weekend i had someone try to break in to my house so i thought i would try and set up cctv to try and catch the culprit,the recorder did not have a HDD fitted when i bought it so i have just fitted one and i can record with it but when i press menu it asks for a password but i have no idea what it is,is there any way to reset it,

ay help would be much appreciated,

thanks andrew

770 Manual

http://scorpiontheater.tech.officelive. ... 0_V1.0.pdf

The 770 does not have motion detection recording.

You can add motion detectors to the DVR.

There are 4 "alarm" inputs. This would work great on indoor projects, but motion detection would not work outdoors. Pin 3 is alarm input 1. When you short this to ground (pin 9) it will trigger the buzzer alarm, and it will record.

There is an alarm out. There are two choices. A normally closed, and a normally open.

When the DVR is triggered it will take the normally closed and create an open circuit, or a high signal. The normally open circuit will become a closed switched, or a low signal.

For outdoors I recommend beam detectors.

You can also put alarm system contacts on doors and wire these in to the DVR. When the door is open it can trigger recording. You will need a relay to take the open door circuit signal and have the relay close the circuit, or to create a low signal on the alarm input on the DVR.

X10 products can be used to create circuits. X10 motion can trigger lighting to turn on to make sure the camera can see the viewing area while recording.

With X10 you can create a circuit that triggers an auto dialer that has your cellphone number.

You can create a circuit on the DVR output that will cause a strobe to light when a door, or a motion is triggered.

Nightclubs may want to prevent customers from sneaking in through "firedoors" and to avoid paying entry fees, or because they are under age.

If security sees a strobe light going off then they can head to that door to evaluate the situation, or to intercept a person sneaking in. If several doors are close by then you can loop them all in to one circuit so that one strobe covers a set of doors.

You can use several different colors on the strobes to identify different doors.

Strobes are used on doors because most clubs have loud music, and it is hard for one security to yell to another about a sneaker coming through a door. The strobe allows mutliples of security to converge on the culprit.

Pressure pad mats can be used to trigger recordings also.