mannyaa

Recommendations wanted for a 8/9ch IP NVR and IP POE cameras

If your using MP cameras only some of QNAPs NVRs support megapixel.

I'm not sure what cameras I am going to use. Actually I would love some recommendations. I need the cameras to be color with decent night vision and POE compatible. Any recommendations for indoor/outdoor cameras?

Looks like for the NVR I am trying to settle with the Qnap VS-2012 since it appears it will meet the needs of this project.

-Manny

I'll have to look up the model of a HIKvision camera I saw in action recently... it's watching the same parking lot as a couple Arecont AV3155DNs, but at night, when the Areconts go to B&W, the Hik stays in color... has as good as or better picture, and possibly less motion blur.

Does the QNAP support HIKvision at all?

Looks like the HIKvision cameras are supported:

http://www.qnapsecurity.com/pro_compatibility_camera.asp

Thank you.

-Manny

Not having much luck finding IP POE cameras. Everything i've looked at cost well over $1,000 and allot of the cameras appear to offer poor quality and are not reliable.

-Manny

Ummm... wow, I dunno where you're looking... but 99% of IP cameras out there should support PoE, and some of them can be found (granted, on fleaBay - buyer beware) start at $150 and up.

PoE doesn't need to be a deal-breaker, anyway... all of these can be powered normally (12VDC and/or 24VAC), PoE is just a convenience.

Ummm... wow, I dunno where you're looking... but 99% of IP cameras out there should support PoE, and some of them can be found (granted, on fleaBay - buyer beware) start at $150 and up.

PoE doesn't need to be a deal-breaker, anyway... all of these can be powered normally (12VDC and/or 24VAC), PoE is just a convenience.

I been doing some further searching and I found the following camera which I liked overall Vivotek IP7361, it runs around $700 which is not cheap. Can anybody comment on this particular camera and Vivotek's cameras in general?

-Manny

I also just found today the Vivotek 9ch NVR, NR7401. It's a small box with linux embedded and it also comes with a built in 4 port POE switch which is nice. I don't know how good their NVR software is, can anybody comment on this unit and their software? These units are around $700 without the hard drive and have a 2 year warranty.

-Manny

I also just found today the Vivotek 9ch NVR, NR7401. It's a small box with linux embedded and it also comes with a built in 4 port POE switch which is nice. I don't know how good their NVR software is, can anybody comment on this unit and their software? These units are around $700 without the hard drive and have a 2 year warranty.

-Manny

Unit is end of life and it is not POE.

http://www.vivotek.com/products/model.php?nvr=nr7401