Sign in to follow this  
Joides

Help required with Bosch VideoJet X10 and IE Browser Control

Hello to all and I hope someone can either help or point me in the right direction.

At work we have 8 Bosch cameras connected to VideoJet x10s. 3 of these cameras are fixed and the remaining 5 are pan and tilt via

LTC8566 Receivers.

Forgive my terminology but I am pretty new to all this

At present the system is controlled / setup using DiBos Explorer v8.3 and Configuration Manager v01.60.0074.0 software.

The system is working great like this and other users use Internet Explorer to view the cameras. In the Configuration Manager

software the 'Live', 'User' and 'service' accounts have been setup with passwords and they do ask the user for a username and

password at login when using Internet Explorer.

While in Internet Explorer I do see the Mpeg video picture and the various information that is displayed down the left-hand side of

the screen. I am able to click on the relay lights and switch them from green to red and back again, even though we do not actually

use this available function.

My problem is that I am unable to control the pan and tilt functions from the 'View Control' TAB while I am in Internet Explorer.

Underneath the 'Set' button it says "No Camera Control Selected".

The manuals seem to be telling me to connect the cameras to the network, input the IP address of the camera into the address bar of

Internet Explorer and that is it, it should be working, however for me it is not

If anybody can offer me any help with this problem It would be greatly appreciated.

If more information is required, then please let me no what you require and I will post it ASAP.

Many thanks for reading this request for help.

Encoders can control PTZ, if you will choose PTZ option control in encoders COM ports setup.

But.

If you control PTZ from DiBos software, COM ports is set to "transparent" mode, so, encoders just repeats PTZ control commands from control software.

So, control PTZ via Explorer and soft, at the same time is not possible....

Are these cameras using Bi-Phase? If so they won't work directly with the VJT-X10S. You will unfortunately need an LTC 8786 for every camera to convert 232 to Bi-Phase.