adeinov

help with AVTech AVC 792 noise / will not start

Hi there

I've had my AVTech AVC 792 for about 7 months now. I went into the garage (where its located) to discover it making a loud alarm noise but it wasn't working. On the front panel is the blue power icon but also a red alarm icon. I have unplugged and plugged back in, read the instructions, pressed all the buttons but cannot get it to start. It shows nothing on a monitor if one is plugged in.

Searched all over online and can't find anything. Any ideas, suggestions etc ?

Thanks

Ade

Too hard to say without actually looking at the DVR.

I will guess that your external power supply is bad.

Do you know someone that has a laptop that bought one of the universal power supplys? They have multi tips to select from.

If not then take it to a computer repair shop, and ask them what it would cost to hook up their laptop universal test power supply to see if you DVR will work.

What voltage is your DVR? 19 Volts?

Sorry for the delay in responding. The power works fine to it as it sounds like an alarm noise. I read somewhere that if you unplug and plug back in that the machine will do this to alert people that it had been unplugged. This is what happens:

1) Plug in power

2) start to hear something spinning up (presume HD)

3) Loud noise comes out - like a very loud 'beep' - its constant and never stops

4) none of the front-panel lights up

I'll give you suggestions a go, but if anyone else has had a similar experience please let me know

Thanks

Ade