yah but to save them typing in the port number afterwards thats why ..

so instead of typeing in http://xtreme1.gotdns.com:81, they type in:

http://rory.is.dreaming.org

Yah know, for those lazy peeps .. dey call dem clients ..

Kind of like i have 1 web site hosting account, buit several sites under that, i just take the name of the request, eg. www.bahamasyellowpages.net, which redirects to www.bahamasyellowpages.net/byp, or in reality it goes to my hosting account, www.bahamassecurity.com/byp ... see basically what I and my host are doing iscloaking the domain name.

Rory

Godammit, I missed all this, and I lost $50 on a fight.

Bought that damm Trinidad Fight, and he got his rear whooped!!!

So I missed a CCTV special cause of it too?

Now I'm more pissed!!!!

Rory, don't forget one thing, I-VIEW has a card, at around the same price as the digiflower with the same specs, 30fps total.

Let us know when you are going to have that digiflower up again, so that I can take a look.

well guys its online full time now , its a 1.5Ghz P4 256MBDDR, 2nd hand old PC once again .. but it works .. i dont like the browser software as far as all the pop ups etc, and i just figured out the activeX so I can make my own network soft GUI ..

meanwhile, using IE:

http://xtreme1.gotdns.com:81

Image quality is not that great, and the refresh rate sucks. Did you take the I-VIEW off line? Can't access it to compare.

I only had 1 extra Cat5 cable anyway so Could only have 1 on at a time ..

But i just found another cable so both are up.

Okay for get IE for now .. just download the software they are small and install quick, ad auto connect with pass etc.

Iview

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/uploads/Xtreme-iviewDVR.zip

(Mpeg4 Compression for iview if you get an error -

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/uploads/ICSetup.exe)

And the topic - an Eclipse CCTV 30fps digiflower card. You can use the software from them using xtreme1.gotdns.com:81 in the IE browser or download the client soft from them for the 900 PC DVR at starDVR.com ....

or just use this simple custom soft i threw together last night just to see the quality :

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/uploads/xtremeeclipse.zip

(no frills just connects - can do alot more but their activeX is very buggy so i had to tear it apart ... and it installs a ton of DLLs by the way any of their software you use - must be a digiflower thing??)

The first one (Iview) won't install at the office. It says files are out of date on my machine, would you like to install these files. I answered yes and rebooted. So I rebooted and nothing. So I started program install again and I got the same message. I hate crappy software.

The first one (Iview) won't install at the office. It says files are out of date on my machine, would you like to install these files. I answered yes and rebooted. So I rebooted and nothing. So I started program install again and I got the same message. I hate crappy software.

Need XP with Service Pack 1 at least.

I did, and no workie. I have SP1. Waiting for bugs to be worked out on SP2. Some machines I have had success and some machines crashes with SP2.

Never seen a SP2 PC cause any issues yet ... must be hardware issues. In fact I only switched my main PC to XP when they came out with SP2, it is much faster than SP1 and more secure, 2 main reasons to switch.

anyway, should work fine with SP1 ...make sure you extract/unzip the files first and are not just running the set up from within a compressed folder .. it will never update the files otherwise.

Rory

thanks. yeah but i just checked it doesnt work with my linksys router. The only other option is TZO.com. I want to keep it seperate from the PCs, cause these are slooow PCs already.

thanks. yeah but i just checked it doesnt work with my linksys router. The only other option is TZO.com. I want to keep it seperate from the PCs, cause these are slooow PCs already.

Huh? I have 2 websites with no-ip on a Linksys w/o issue.

and your using the built in DDNS in the router, or is it running on the PC?

There are no linksys routers that I have seen that yet have No-ip in them ..

just DynDns and TZO, and I have the newest ones ..

Yes but I dont want to run any software on the PC besides the DVR server, the Linksys router supports DynDns and TZO without having to run any software on the PC. Check out the DDNS section.

Rory

Client very small footprint and takes little resources, same as if you use one of the 2 in the router. And you won't have that crappy pop up that locks up machines either.

I dont have the pop up once i dont use the web hop.

Basically there is no way I can/will run any other software on the PC DVRs, and remember also, I have these accounts also set up for Stand Alone DVRs so client software is not an option.

if it came down to ultilizing client software i could just use my HTTP server on my PC that is running 24/7, and do it properly one time .. but id rather not have any more hassle than is needed.