smmorris

Trying to view remotely on LAN & Internet- No Success

I can't seem to get this unit online. It is a DMR-1600. I also have a night owl unit that works great for network and online viewing. I have tried to set this other unit up the same way. The Night Owl is 192.168.1.49 I have set up the DMR-1600 as 192.168.1.45. The night owl uses media port-9000 and web port-1024. I have those port forwarded to the 192.168.1.49 address. The DMR-1600 uses remote admin-8200, Remote callback-8201,Remote watch-8016, Remote search-10019 and DVR Name Server(which I don't have activated)-10088. I have those ports forwarded to 192.168.1.45.My router is a Netgear WNDR3700. My DSL modem is set to "bridge mode". When trying view on the LAN I have unhooked the Night Owl cat5 cable and hooked it to the DMR-1600. I can ping the 192.168.1.45 address and it shows on the list of "attached devices" in the router. The address I use to view the Night Owl on the LAN is 192.168.1.49:1024. I have tried 192.168.1.45:(all the port numbers one at a time-8200,8201,8016,10019,10088) after colon and get nothing with the DMR-1600. I feel there is something very obvious I am missing but just can't get it. Any suggestions?

Many askers here everyday, but too few answerers. I am waiting a solution for your problem too. I am always deeling with this kind of problems.

Yeah you probably need to use the client software, not the browser.

No need to port forward for use on the LAN, thats just for outside.

Try telnet to the IP and port number, you may need an XP machine on the LAN to do this:

telnet 192.168.1.45 8016

I take it 8016 is the main live port for the client software.

Doesnt seem to be browser based.

make sure you have the gateway and subnet the same as the router.

oh yeah for that korean DVR you had issues with before, here is the remote access guide:

http://www.costarvideo.com/downloads/rasplususermanual.pdf

the link to the RASplus software on costar's site downloads but does not install for me, might need to try an older version I found on a google search: this is version 1.9.5 from capture, its a discontinued DVR.

http://www.avlogicsfileserver.com/files/capture/Discontinued%20Products/2008%20and%20older/rasplus/RASplus%201.9.5/CPT-RASplus%20v1.9.5.08071705.exe

it seems the same software is used by honeywell so perhaps theirs might work also if you dont get the above to work.

http://www.honeywellvideo.com/support/downloads/downloads_dvr.html#HRXD

its version 1.44 though, but that might be their special version, it might still be newer than the others, Then again it might just be named the same as the others and not even work for that DVR.

The capture one downloaded and installed for me, the honeywell one looks different.

In the ports for the add a new DVR it even has the same ports you listed.

You need to select to install the MSXML though or it will crash if you dont have the version it uses installed.