outrun

How do I get my ip cam on the net so it can be viewed?

First I have looked everywhere but don't even really know what to look for. I also didn't know where to post this but since it is an ip cam I put it here.

My wife is opening a home daycare. I want the parents to be able to view there children. Now I am not new to setting up cams but I have never done one over the net.

I have 3 foscams with software. I have only one up right now because I have not got around to the other ones. I can view it here and on the web. The only problem is it requires active X and only internet explorer supports that. Even at that you have to go into internet options and make some changes. Most of the parents are women and I really doubt they are going to know how to do any of that.

Also I am on Verizon Fios and do not have a static ip. So where do I go so that I can have the ip picked up when it changes and get a link or something that I can put on my site so it can be clicked on and viewed in the browser as an operator or visitor.

Here is the current ip for now: http://173.57.140.114:9008/ Login: test Password:test

instead of having them enter an IP, they should enter a domain name.

get your free domain name here: http://www.dyndns.com/

you install some software on any computer on your home network, and each time your IP changes, it will update your domain name with the proper IP.

instead of having them enter an IP, they should enter a domain name.

get your free domain name here: http://www.dyndns.com/

you install some software on any computer on your home network, and each time your IP changes, it will update your domain name with the proper IP.

Actually I did sign up for that. Was not sure what to do after that or if I was doing it right.

This is the link that it gave me. Maybe I should have not chosen .biz. But the problem is that takes you to my direct ip and not my port forward of 9008. Where are you suppose to put that at.

texasshootingstars.dyndns.biz

This is the link that it gave me. Maybe I should have not chosen .biz. But the problem is that takes you to my direct ip and not my port forward of 9008. Where are you suppose to put that at.

texasshootingstars.dyndns.biz

texasshootingstars.dyndns.biz:9008

LOL Ok wow. I didn't even think of it. Now do I download software from there to sync online for my ip when it changes?

LOL Ok wow. I didn't even think of it. Now do I download software from there to sync online for my ip when it changes?

yep. download the software and install it on any pc on your network there at home -- preferably one that is always turned on and connected to the internet.

if i remember correctly, the software runs as a service and automatically starts when you boot your PC, and youll see an icon for it in the system try.

its been a couple of years since I have used it, as I now have a static IP at home.

A lot of routers have built in support for dyndns services. This way the router can automatically connect to the dns server and provide the information even without a computer running. IF you are worried about activex controls, another option may be to use mjpeg and have the files visible on a password protected web page. This will not be full motion and fully real time but will also help with speed issues if you have 30 parents all trying to login to the camera at once checking on their children, or leaving the stream running all day long at their desks.