VirginGlobal

NEED HELP PTZ CAMERA SETUP

I have a ptz camera (JE900BN) and I am having a hard time getting the camera to communicate with the keyboard. I got it to show picture and work on the DVR, but it will not move or work with the keyboard!!! Any suggestions will work

...and how are the wires hooked up? Pictures are great to help. Whatever answers you get would help me since I plan on installing a keyboard someday for 2 PTZs

And what kind of keyboard is it? That can be critical as well. Does the camera perform a pan and tilt self test when you power it on? Can you get the PTZ control to work from the DVR to verify the camera works?

Need alot more info.

Do you have your protocols matched up? Do you have your baud rate and camera ID matched up?

I do have the protocols matched and I have the baud rate and camera ID matched and still nothing. Let me know what all info that u will need thanks

And what kind of keyboard is it? That can be critical as well. Does the camera perform a pan and tilt self test when you power it on? Can you get the PTZ control to work from the DVR to verify the camera works?

The keyboard is JK900 and it does pan +tilt test when I power on and I got it to connect to a DVR and saw video but the camera + keyboard would not communicate.

RS 485 isn't that complicated and so it will be something really simple.

Make sure the + ve and - ve terminals are connected the right way on both the camera and the controller. We had a customer on the phone for 10 minutes yesterday moaning his new cameras wouldn't work over cat5 Despite 3 separate times asking him to make sure the DC plugs and sockets were connected correctly they weren't. I got him to swap one set over and hey presto all was well !!

Incidentally are you running the RS 485 to the DVR as well as the controller? If so just connect it to the controller.

Use a nice and easy language like Pelco D and a slow baud rate of 2400.

Check, check and check again the dip switches on both the Camera and the controller to ensure the language is set correctly and also that the camera ID is correct on the camera. Usually that's where the problem lies.

Make sure you've selected the correct camera ID on the controller.

Finally make sure you are using equal balanced wire for the controller to camera connection. Try setting up on the bench with a simple short wire between the 2.

If you're still struggling post up a picture of the DIP switch settings on both the camera and controller.

Good luck.

Henry