iceblast

BNC Spot out to Vga monitor / HDMI Large LCD screen question

I'm getting a 16ch Standalone DVR with 4 Spot outs. Your suppose to be able to per spot out have Quad ch view of 4 cameras of your choice. So, if you had 4 monitors you could see 4 sets of 4.

My question is, how do you hook up bnc to vga. What is the cheapest and best way to do that.

OR

The DVR has HDMI port. If I were to get a big screen tv like 37"- 42" screen. Would you get a good sharp picture?, and I'm really worried about burnin. Would I be damaging the tv by running static pictures like this. LCD is suppose to be almost burnin immune, or is there a tv I should be looking for that would do better for this kind of thing.

Pretty much the only thing that will be viewed on the LCD TV are the cameras. I just don't want the burnin if there is burnin to make the TV useless for viewing the cameras. I still want a good clean sharp picture. So, does anyone have experience with running a DVR on a big LCD TV and did they have any problems with prolong static pictures.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

BNC to VGA converter is what you need to get a VGA output. Converter costs around $15-40 depending on where you get it.

Dont know much about converting BNC to HDMI but I highly doubt it will have any effect on the image resolution at all since your DVR is probably not a Hi-Def DVR or NVR. I wouldnt go there.

I also doubt you will have any issues with burn-in. We use tube TV's as monitors which are more prone to burn in than LCD's and we havent had an issue.

No, the DVR has a HDMI port. MAX (1920X1080) Resolution. I'll be running in D1. I wouldn't need the spot out if I'm using a big screen tv.

I have never used an HDMI cable with all of the DVR's we test so I couldnt tell you for sure, but I imagine that you will only be able to tell a difference in clarity during live viewing. During playback, I imagine that the resolution will be just the same as if you were using an RCA cable running directly to the TV. And if you are using Analog cameras, which I think you are, your security cameras are not capable of putting out 1920X1080 resolution anyways.