gunit00

Re: Looking for a Stand Alone 8 Channel Full D1 DVR .

I am no cctv guru. I have a small liquor store. It's about 1000 square feet. I would like a standalone 8 channel dvr that offers an excellent image resolution and remote viewing. I currently have a lousy DigiVue-425 Card.

Here are the stats. So you can see where I am coming from.

• Inpute Signal - 4 Video, 1 audio input (with Sound Card)

• Display fps - 60fps/NTSC per card

• Record fps 60 fps/NTSC per card

• Display Screen 1 / 4 / 6 / 9 / 10 / 16 / 25 / 33 / Full Screen

• Audio Input 1 Synchronized Mono (from Sound Card)

• Color Adjust - Adjustable Light, Contrast, Hue, Saturation by Individual Camera

• Resolution - 160X120 / 240X180 / 320X240 / 352X288

• Record Mode Event - Continuous / Schedule Recording

• Compression - Special MPEG4 Format, Frame Size: .1K~2.5K, 1200hr~4000hr / 80GB

• Audio - One Channel using Sound Card

• Multi-task - Monitoring / Recording / PTZ Control / Remote / Backup

• Motion Detection - 16 Zone X Multi Area for each camera

• Storage - HDD / VDRAM / CD-RW / DAT / MO / ZIP / RAID. Up to 24 drives

• PTZ - RS422 / RS485 Controlled PTZ & Light / Power / Wiper

• Playback Speed - Forward / Back / Step / Fast / Slow

• Schedule - Forward / Back / Step / Fast / Slow

• Password - System / Playback / Remote Users

• O.S. - Windows 2000/XP

• Water Mark - Water Marking by Date & Time, Not Editable & Not Replaceable

• Watchdog - Software & Hardware Watchdog

• Network - PSTN / ISDN / LAN / ADSL / Internet

• Remote - LAN & ADSL: Real Time In 320X240, PSTN: 5-25fps In QCIF

• Remote Control - Full Function Remote Control & Remote Audio Transmission

• Remote Recording - Remote Playback, Remote Recording, & Emergency Recording

I am looking for a stand alone 8 channel D1 DVR. I am looking for a solid brand name, no offshore stuff. Something like the Samsung SHR-8082

8 Ch, MPEG4, 240fps @ D1, Built-in DVD-RW, and Web-Based Monitoring. I don't necessarily need a built in DVD-RW or an HD pre-installed. I just want a clear image. Thats all.

Then why not get the Samsung DVR that you mentioned? Has everything you need and want so you may as well snatch it up. I have worked with Samsung DVR's quite a bit and I love them.

Then why not get the Samsung DVR that you mentioned? Has everything you need and want so you may as well snatch it up. I have worked with Samsung DVR's quite a bit and I love them.

Awesome, I am glad to here some affirmation on Samsung DVRs. I was going to purchase it from 2mcctv . I read website reviews for 2mcctv. Most reviews were stellar.

I was told by a member on this site that 2mcctv is an unauthorized dealer and that the Samsung manufacture warranty would not be granted. Is this true or malarkey? If you know of any "authorized" samsung dealers please pm me.

I have dealt with 2MCCTV quite a bit and have been very pleased with their customer service. PM sent.

Thank you SOOOO MUCH!! You are the first person on this site that has actually helped me with trying to peddle your own product. I appreciate your honesty and effort. They actually are an authorized samsung dealer and their dvr comes with a 2-year warranty!! Thanks again!

Awesome, I am glad to here some affirmation on Samsung DVRs. I was going to purchase it from 2mcctv . I read website reviews for 2mcctv. Most reviews were stellar. Here is a link to the reviews http://www.google.com/products/seller?cmi=9628878730035200&q=SAMSUNG+SHR-8082&hl=en&ei=y-WOTJjSFonQ2ATLseitBg&sa=X&ved=0CB0QlQgwAjgA .

I was told by a member on this site that 2mcctv is an unauthorized dealer and that the Samsung manufacture warranty would not be granted. Is this true or malarkey? If you know of any "authorized" samsung dealers please pm me.

Why did you start another thread?

I don't know if 2mcctv is or isn't a "authorized" dealer. If you want to find out call the manufacture if you call 2mcctv they will just tell you they are so they get the sale.

I just find it interesting that your are looking for a quality product not from a "no-name" brand but then your gonna shop it around to find the cheapest price on the internet. The fact is it's more important to buy it from a dealer that knows the product, has support, and can answer any question you have about the product with out having to pick up the manual.

Also in your other threads you stated you wanted a clean clear image and I am guessing you think you will get that with 30FPS. If you want better images HD/Megapixel is the way to go. I also would recommend for your setup that 15IPS or less will be just fine because none of the DVRs that have been listed can do 30FPS @D1 all channels.

I started another thread because I received NO help in the other forum. Thank god for a SEANHAWG. Everyone else had me walking in circles.

"I don't know if 2mcctv is or isn't a "authorized" dealer." You are truly talking from your A$$. YOU TOLD ME they were not authorized...

here is a quote

So your looking for a good DVR (not no-name) then why would you buy it from a no name webshop that probably knows nothing about this product and has no support or even worse they are not a authorized dealer so you will not have a manufacture warranty?

Your not gonna find quality 8 channel 240@D1 from a authorized dealer for less then around $1500.

I ordered the SHR-8082 for more than $300 less than what you proposed as the "minimum". I will get it on friday. I am not technically retarded. I can read manuals.

GOOD DAY SIR!!

I started another thread because I received NO help in the other forum. Thank god for a SEANHAWG. Everyone else had me walking in circles.

"I don't know if 2mcctv is or isn't a "authorized" dealer." You are truly talking from your A$$. YOU TOLD ME they were not authorized...

here is a quote

So your looking for a good DVR (not no-name) then why would you buy it from a no name webshop that probably knows nothing about this product and has no support or even worse they are not a authorized dealer so you will not have a manufacture warranty?

Your not gonna find quality 8 channel 240@D1 from a authorized dealer for less then around $1500.

I ordered the SHR-8082 for more than $300 less than what you proposed as the "minimum". I will get it on friday. I am not technically retarded. I can read manuals.

GOOD DAY SIR!!

Any where exactly did I say they are not authorized? I didn't "propose" anything to you, you where the one looking for 8 channels 30FPS @d1 I was just stating no of the DVRs listed meet your requirements. I was trying to protect you but sounds like you have it all figured out. Price I posted was MSRP which is on the forum rules. >>>> viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3144

Any where exactly did I say they are not authorized? I didn't "propose" anything to you, you where the one looking for 8 channels 30FPS @d1 I was just stating no of the DVRs listed meet your requirements. I was trying to protect you but sounds like you have it all figured out. Price I posted was MSRP which is on the forum rules. >>>> viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3144

WTF!?!? This is real life right? I don't use monopoly money. I could care less about a MSRP. I am about the cheapest price.THE SHR-8082 @ meets my requirements.

You own a small liquor store right? So how would you feel if people could go online and buy your products cheaper then you can buy them for from an unknown source? How long will you be in business? You know nothing about this business and obviously don't care about professionals that come on this site for FREE to help you for FREE and then complain that know one helps you within 5min and disregard forum rules.

When you come back for help with your DVR good luck finding it.

COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT

The forum rules are clear, by registering on this forum one agrees to those rules.

If one has an issue with any of them please take it up with the admin, posting a dislike about them on the public forum and constantly posting in violation of them with full knowledge of them, will only end in a topic being locked or removed, or if it was to continue, the user being banned.

Please do not reply to this message. Thanks.

You own a small liquor store right? So how would you feel if people could go online and buy your products cheaper then you can buy them for from an unknown source? How long will you be in business? You know nothing about this business and obviously don't care about professionals that come on this site for FREE to help you for FREE and then complain that know one helps you within 5min and disregard forum rules.

When you come back for help with your DVR good luck finding it.

I think you are over-valuing your "help". There was no help given. I don't care if it was free.