kovacslajcsi

.vsr file format / conversion tool

Hi,

Is there any software to convert avtech's .VSR video file format to avi, or mpeg file? I searched for such a software, but without any success. Is it possible to convert such a file?

I need to give some minutes of recorded video to the police, but they can't read this file type, and can't install the videoserver application to play the video.. (They don't have admin rights to the computers..)

I have used a free converter: WinFX video converter. Not sure it will work with your file extension though!

http://www.winxdvd.com/video-converter/

some more info I found on .VSR format

Cpcam (Backup Video Surveillance File) by Szatellit Elektronika KFT

The VSR file format is a file backup format that is proprietary to a company that makes a product line called Cpcam. Some forum messages indicate software called: Video Web Server for CPD500W, STL780W can open these surveillance files. Click on the company link and select the Download link from the message to find it

Hi,

Thank You for the link, but this converter does not support VSR files..

I can play the files with the Video player application for my recorder, but this is not portable. I can't save the fies as avi, or mpeg.. I can't play them on a DVD player..

I have Video Server and an AvTech and the player I have can save the recorded video as AVIs.

But it is very bad quality so I really dont even bother anymore

Do you get an error when you try to save them as AVI?

I've run into this issue also. I overcome it by using video capture software such as CamStudio and Snagit. I'll play the video and use the video capture software to record what's playing on the screen The programs have settings to allow capture of just part of the screen, so I only capture the video and not the rest of the playback software or windows desktop. The hard part is setting up the software and getting it work without losing too much quality. You may end up with huge file sizes, but what I do is create a DVD from the capture video and submit that to the police.

As mentioned, you may lose some video quality, but it's better than nothing and in reality not too bad.

Hi,

My DVR supports just VideoServer S application.. VideoServer S does not supoprt the conversion function, there is no menu/button to save the captured video a avi..

The quality is realy bad, as a VSR file. When I use the BNC Video output of the DVR, the picture is clear, but the same picture saved on the ethernet side is really bad..

When i need to use a "screen capture" software, the result will be unusable.. i think..

Maybe record the video off the monitor with a camcorder. Also, I wonder if you can record the video output if you connect a different DVR (or VCR) in between the current DVR and monitor. Might be worth a shot.

ok

But the DVR is 250km away from me.. it would be easier to use the ethernet side of the recorder..

this VSR file is the own of AVTECH? does some other DVR's using this format?

yeah ive recorded with the loop through and it is good also, but any kind of backup using network software is awful quality.