EOD MAC

Is installing a ptz rj45 camera on a analog system possible

Can IP cameras be installed onto analog type systems? Is there some type of a adapter or will the adapter that converts coaxial to cat5 work in reverse for IP cameras as well?

? I'm still very new with PTZ cameras which are unfamiliar to me, I don't wanna mess up my equipment.

Thanks

Can IP cameras be installed onto analog type systems? Is there some type of a adapter...

Yes (with limitations) - there ARE decoders that will take IP video from some cameras and spit out analog video. These would need to support the specific cameras though, and if they're megapixel cameras, you'd lose the high resolution as it's scaled down to D1 resolution or less.

...or will the adapter that converts coaxial to cat5 work in reverse for IP cameras as well?

I assume you're referring to baluns, which don't "convert" the video signal at all; they just use transformers to create a "balanced" signal pair on the Cat5, which allows the signal to travel farther with less noise and better rejection of interference.

IP cameras plug into your network and send streaming digitized video data via IP protocol, just like any other internet application. To over-simplify, think of the camera as generating its own YouTube video, on-the-fly - you're just watching a video like you would on YouTube.

? I'm still very new with PTZ cameras which are unfamiliar to me, I don't wanna mess up my equipment.

Thanks

Short of feeding high voltage into something and blowing up the camera, there's not much you can do to mess it up... all the above still applies if it's an IP camera; PTZ functionality is incidental to all this.

Can IP cameras be installed onto analog type systems? Is there some type of a adapter or will the adapter that converts coaxial to cat5 work in reverse for IP cameras as well?

Thanks

Hi EOD. i till say get a pro in ......even just to look at what you are intending to do. from what i can see from your two posts you have a ptz and it is coaxial. a coaxial ptz is a old type of ptz all your data/power/ video is down the coax to a control unit. if you have the control unit (not the ptz controller) then you might get it to work. but if you dont have the control unit that comes with the camera. then you are best buying a new ptz its cheaper.