MasterVision_Tech

Vertical Pole Mount to Horizontal Beam

I had a few ideas to do this from some things that I have seen at Home Depot. I would like to mount my cameras the same way that they are mounted at Wal-mart ( http://www.topcameravalues.net/wp-content/uploads/surveillance%20cameras%20at%20walmart.jpg ). If you've noticed how Wal-Mart mounts their cameras, all they use is a U-Bracket to secure the pole but the metal plate that holds it to the beam almost looks custom. I have been looking for this setup locally but I have been unable to find it.

Has anyone been an installer/worked for someone who has done an install at Wal-Mart or installed cameras in a warehouse location using drop poles to mount the camera ? What type of bracket or solution did you come up with to sercure the pole to the rafter/L - Beam ?

I had a few ideas to do this from some things that I have seen at Home Depot. I would like to mount my cameras the same way that they are mounted at Wal-mart ( http://www.topcameravalues.net/wp-content/uploads/surveillance%20cameras%20at%20walmart.jpg ). If you've noticed how Wal-Mart mounts their cameras, all they use is a U-Bracket to secure the pole but the metal plate that holds it to the beam almost looks custom. I have been looking for this setup locally but I have been unable to find it.

Has anyone been an installer/worked for someone who has done an install at Wal-Mart or installed cameras in a warehouse location using drop poles to mount the camera ? What type of bracket or solution did you come up with to sercure the pole to the rafter/L - Beam ?

Hi.mastervision. we use alot of a product called unistrut. for both cameras and monitors.

http://www.unistrut.co.uk/index.php?M1=Support%20Systems&M2=Beam%20Clamps

What we've done with smaller beams is to screw a regular octagonal box to the bottom of it with self-tappers, then use a cover plate with center knockout...

135111_1.jpg

From there, use a length of standard 1/2" EMT, with the appropriate locking collar:

135111_2.jpg

(I also like to drill a small hole in the EMT for the locking screw, so there's no way the pipe can slip out).

What we've done with smaller beams is to screw a regular octagonal box to the bottom of it with self-tappers, then use a cover plate with center knockout...

135111_1.jpg

From there, use a length of standard 1/2" EMT, with the appropriate locking collar:

135111_2.jpg

(I also like to drill a small hole in the EMT for the locking screw, so there's no way the pipe can slip out).

Soundy, once again you are on it my friend. If you take a look at the way Home Depot mounts their cameras, it is the same as you suggested. I though about using this method, but it would run about $8-$10 a camera. The Walmart cameras use a u-bolt with a certin type of plate to accomplish the same thing. I figured that it would cost less but accomplish the same thing. The proplem is that I cannot find that setup. Plus I can't really use a tap screw or butterfly bolts because some of the beams have wires that sit on them and I would end up drilling through the wires. I could move the wires to drill through the beam but i was also looking for a faster solution that that.

@cctvtom - I took a look at the site you suggested, but I couldn't find a solution to use those brackets to mount a pole in a vertical position. Do you have any pictures of one of your installations where you used these brackets?

I couldn't find the exact unit on that link, but there's a clamp that looks similar to #P1271 from Tom's link, it's got a threaded hole designed for ready-rod... that could be used to hang a camera from, you'd just have to strap the wiring along the rod instead of running it cleanly inside a pipe.

Here's an example:

135112_1.jpg