A potential client wants the DVR computer to be in a lockbox/cabnet type enclosure to ensure no one can tamper with it or turn it off...

you guys use anything like this? or there a certain PC case i can use?

There are quite a few PCDVRs that come with a lockable front panel. As long as you can prohibit access to the rear of the chassis, then the keyed entry front panel should work.

Are you looking for a full-on DVR, or just a case?

Pelco has a few lock boxes that work well:

http://www.pelco.com/global/en/products/analog-systems-controls/range-presentation.page?p_function_id=10505&p_family_id=10283&p_range_id=5554

and...

http://www.pelco.com/global/en/products/analog-systems-controls/range-presentation.page?p_function_id=10505&p_family_id=10283&p_range_id=5555

Keep in mind that for total security, you want something that contacts a wall directly, where you can bring the wiring in unexposed, and ideally feed power directly into it with BX cable... there's no point in locking the machine in the box if the power cord just comes out the back and into a wall socket!

I agree... BUT i know once he hears the price he'll say no to it.

I just found this link below.. i think this is what he kind of envisions. He has a small food business that has been broken into in the past... last time they cut the phone lines disabling the alarm, when he asked the alarm people how was that possible.. they said "these guys are pros!" LoL(he now has a cellular module and battery backup) so cutting phone lines is hopefully of no help to future intruders, and will now trigger alarm/police. He wants to possibly slow them down and make them work a little bit if they really want to rip out safe(bolted to floor) and computer..

http://www.tryten.com/Computer-Enclosures

this guy wants cheaper solution... small pizza place.. he's leaving for Florida soon wants to keep eye on employees. And yes i can put this up against a wall with a socket inside(good thinking LoL)

Aslo.. i'm running cat5e i'll search at threads.. but is it better to get shielded cat5e as these may be running across power lines?

Well for total security you'd want a locked security room!

Those are both good boxes, but I'd worry about stuffing a PC in there without any additional ventilation. Heat might become a concern.

I think that the Wire Guys might be right, a rack mount would be a viable solution. I've seen some nice cabinets that have an open bottom, so if there is a floor outlet then you wouldn't even need to run a new outlet, just bolt the cabinet to the floor over the outlet, and then lock the front and back?

I agree... BUT i know once he hears the price he'll say no to it.

As is so often the case... (pardon the pun).

this guy wants cheaper solution... small pizza place.. he's leaving for Florida soon wants to keep eye on employees. And yes i can put this up against a wall with a socket inside(good thinking LoL)

Best (and cheapest) might be to just hide the thing... in a closet, ceiling, etc. Route the camera wires as out-of-the-way as possible so they're hard to trace. Just be careful it doesn't go somewhere that builds up too much heat (which I understand is just about anywhere in Florida, but still...)

Aslo.. i'm running cat5e i'll search at threads.. but is it better to get shielded cat5e as these may be running across power lines?

I wouldn't worry about it. Crossing power lines isn't as big a problem as running parallel beside them.