teddyb

can not run VideoViewer

I want to ask a question about the program VideoViewer

Very long searched for the distribution of this program and decided to take his already established a colleague. But when you run an error: COM initiation failed! Please reinstall the application!

135742_1.jpg

After that, I found the distro. Installed the program, but the problem persists. Properly removed, rebooted, installed again and restart the computer, but the problem persists. In what may be the problem? Which branch should clean up the registry manually? Your computer is running Windows XP SP 3 with updates on August 20, 2010.

You will need to find a computer expert for help.

It may be a permissions issue. Are you using the main computer account, or have you made another account that you are using?

Are you using Windows 7?

as Scorpion says, maybe it is a permissions issue.

I run the program under the account "administrator" with full rights. Just was originally launched version, which I just copied from another computer. Most likely she made entries in the registry, but what and where I do not know.

And by the way, yes. Runs on Windows 7. it really works. Updated version of the software on another machine with Windows XP there, too, everything is OK.

I am using version 0.1.6.6.

You should install the application as there are other dependency files outside of the application's path

The error you are getting is not from a registry issue, it is from a missing or unregistered file. For example if your system32 folder is missing the Avtech's AVC_LIVE.DLL file you will get the exact error you posted above. In fact with Windows XP you can also copy the DLLs to the applications folder and it will typically work, however it is only advisable with the software's proprietary files, not any shared DLLs as this can cause issues with other software that depend on them.

But the registry locations are:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AVTECH

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Video Viewer

If these exist, you can safely delete them and the Video Viewer application will still work.

I would remove them incase there is any conflict from an older version.

Check the setup log in the Video Viewer's application folder, that shows you what is needed.

For example, this is the log from my setup, minus the application folder stuff which you already copied.

Files copied to the system32 folder during setup if they do not exist:

Copy File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\AVC_H264.dll ... OK

Copy File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\AVC_JPEG.dll ... OK

Copy File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\AVC_LIVE.dll ... OK

Copy File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\AVC_MPEG4.dll ... OK

Copy File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\AVC_NATT.dll ... OK

Copy File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\AVC_PB.dll ... OK

Copy File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\AVC_RTSP.dll ... OK

Copy File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Deinterlace.dll ... OK

Copy File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\avcodec-52.77.0.dll ... OK

Copy File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\avformat-52.68.0.dll ... OK

Copy File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\avutil-50.19.0.dll ... OK

Copy File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\pthreadGC2.dll ... OK

Copy File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\swscale-0.11.0.dll ... OK

Copy File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ijl20.dll ... OK

Copy File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\qedit.dll ... OK

Copy File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\quartz.dll ... OK

Copy File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\AVC_AP_H264.dll ... OK

Copy File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\AVC_AP_JPEG.dll ... OK

Copy File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\AVC_AP_MPEG4.dll ... OK

Copy File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\AVC_AP_SCALE.dll ... OK

Copy File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\gdiplus.dll ... OK

Copy File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\MFC71.dll ... OK

Copy File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcp71.dll ... OK

Copy File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcr71.dll ... OK

Create the registry keys:

RegistryOp: Create HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AVTECH\VideoPlayer\Version=1.1.5.1

RegistryOp: Create HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AVTECH\VideoPlayer\RecordFileVersion=38

RegistryOp: Create HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AVTECH\Video Viewer\FilePath=

RegistryOp: Create HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.avc=AvtechVideoPlayer

RegistryOp: Create HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AvtechVideoPlayer=\videoPlayer\VideoPlayer.exe

RegistryOp: Create HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AvtechVideoPlayer\shell

RegistryOp: Create HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AvtechVideoPlayer\shell\open

RegistryOp: Create HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AvtechVideoPlayer\shell\open\command=\videoPlayer\VideoPlayer.exe %1

RegistryOp: Create HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.vse=AvtechVideoPlayer

RegistryOp: Create HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.dvr=AvtechVideoPlayer

RegistryOp: Create HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.dv4=AvtechVideoPlayer

RegistryOp: Create if not Exist HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers\\VideoViewer.exe=RunAsAdmin

Register the DLLs:

THEN Register OCX/COM Server (C:\WINDOWS\system32\qedit.dll) (TRUE)

THEN Register OCX/COM Server (C:\WINDOWS\system32\quartz.dll) (TRUE)

THEN Register OCX/COM Server (C:\WINDOWS\system32\avc_live.dll) (TRUE)

THEN Register OCX/COM Server (C:\WINDOWS\system32\avc_pb.dll) (TRUE)

THEN Register OCX/COM Server (C:\Program Files\VideoViewer\WebCommObj.dll) (TRUE)

If you want to do this manually, grab all the files listed above and copy them to their folders, then register the 5 files listed last using regsvr32 FILE (where FILE = full path, file name, and extension). It should run without the registry keys as I deleted mine and it still runs without error - at least the live viewer.

I am using version 0.1.6.6.

You should install the application as there are other dependency files outside of the application's path

The error you are getting is not from a registry issue, it is from a missing or unregistered file. For example if your system32 folder is missing the Avtech's AVC_LIVE.DLL file you will get the exact error you posted above. In fact with Windows XP you can also copy the DLLs to the applications folder and it will typically work, however it is only advisable with the software's proprietary files, not any shared DLLs as this can cause issues with other software that depend on them.

...etc

You will not believe! Everything was fine. I decided to search the Internet the dll and ran into

http://www.ercov.net/VVR_v0156.zip

Downloaded it and it worked. No problem!

Thanks for the tips. Truly the Internet unites!