alexccs

System Clock inaccurate after NUUO console software started

Hi all

We have got system clock(XP clock) delayed issues on all 5 new NUUO SCB-6016 WINXP(32bit) Systems, we rebooted and checked the bios clock(hardware clock) is correct.

Below is our hardware & software configuration.

MB = Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3R

CPU = CORE I7-870

RAM =Kingston 2G KVR1333D3N9/2G-SP

Display = HD5750 1GB GV-R575SL-1GI

HDD = Hitachi 2TB X 8

OS = WINXP PRO SP3

NUUO SW= NUUO main console 3.3.11(newest from NUUO wiki)

Driver Version= PCIe 16CH DVR BOARD 5.5.0.4(come with the 3.3.11 software package)

After some test, we narrowed down the problem to the NUUO console software, we tried the old one(3.2.27) came with the installation CD and then updated to version 3.3.11 and use the newer driver pack come with 3.3.11 but we got same problem.

1) Clock problem noticeably occured when the NUUO main console started with 4 X 4(16 channels) live view, which most users will likely use this 4 X 4 screen for default display, the clock slower than normal about 5-6 sec every minute(around 5 mins per hour, that's 120 mins per day!).

2) Clock delay much less If we select only 1 channel in the live view, the system will slow only 5-6 sec after few hours(about 5 sec after 9 hours in our test). But still not acceptable as a recording system for security.

The incorrect system time caused the users very trouble and very unsatisfied browsing the CCTV recordings. As you may find the hardware is some how over killed already, there's no excuse for the hardware configuration.

Anyone got any experience on issues like this? I mailed the NUUO support(service at nuuo.com) yesterday, but not have any reply yet.

Best Rgds.

Alex

This issue *may* have been fixed in the latest update of 3.4.XXXX n which I got in beta yesterday.

I'd been having problems with their POS boxes and there being a delay in the transaction record and the recorded feed. Supposedly this has been fixed.

I'm getting a new POS box and POS register in for testing in the next few days. I'll let you know

Thank you for your information. Their support didn't respond after I replied the first greetings mail. Currently, I am forced to turn off live view on all the NUUO recorders now.

Another example that community is much helpful than CS.

This issue *may* have been fixed in the latest update of 3.4.XXXX n which I got in beta yesterday.

I'd been having problems with their POS boxes and there being a delay in the transaction record and the recorded feed. Supposedly this has been fixed.

I'm getting a new POS box and POS register in for testing in the next few days. I'll let you know

I got reply from them at last, it is a hardware incompatible problem.

=quote=

A known issue of time delay was found on the ATI 5000 series VGA card (especially with WIN XP system).

The workaround would be choose ATI 4000 series instead and install driver Package 9-2. (Please download from the ATI website.)

=quote=

We can't afford to buy extra VGA cards, guess we have to wait for fix/patches...

Best Rgds.

Alex